GAS LINK

1trotter

Reaction score
I just bought one of these and wanted to let everyone know it works great. I wish i had bought it years ago. No more fumbling around spilling fuel.
c8821510-26ab-4934-8916-ee45236ee1c1_1000.jpg

What is it?

Basically a twist on a simple funnel. You put the filler hose in the boat and dump the gas in the top of the unit. No more spills and it will take 5 gallons at a time almost as fast as you can dump it in.

Looks great! Good concept. Perfect for a jet ski or low sitting boat. The only problem I see is our pontoon boats gas tank filler cap sits relatively high up. The commercial said that its gravity fed. Might have a difficult time with putting gas in some pontoon boats.......any problems with your Q?!?

0 problems. The weight of the fuel pushes it through and when you are done you just lift it up to empty what is in the tube. It is very light.

Interesting. I'll probably stick with my super siphon for the time being.

Sorry but did the question get answerd? If this device was Sitting on a normal height dock and you poured 5 gallons in will the gas flow up hill to fill the normal gas fill port on a Bennington

Hope I'm not hijacking this thread, but as a rookie boater, this made me think of a question regarding winterizing my Benny and fuel tank levels.

I live in the upper Midwest (Wisconsin), and our boat will be going into heated storage for the winter. The facility will be pulling the boat (we don't have a trailer), cleaning, winterizing, storing and launching next spring.

We only run premium gas in our motor (no ethanol). What is the ideal level of fuel to be left in the tank for winter storage? Also, what typically occurs during the winterizing process?

Thanks for tolerating my noob questions...

I always top off the tank and add some fuel stabilizer. The engine oil and filter are changed along with the lower unit gear lube. I grease all the fittings around the motor, pull the prop and grease the prop shaft. I then spray some fogging oil in the intake, pull the battery and cover it up. Oh yeah, I also put a new water/fuel separator filter on it as well.

I always top off the tank and add some fuel stabilizer. The engine oil and filter are changed along with the lower unit gear lube. I grease all the fittings around the motor, pull the prop and grease the prop shaft. I then spray some fogging oil in the intake, pull the battery and cover it up. Oh yeah, I also put a new water/fuel separator filter on it as well.
The only thing I wouldn't do is fogging. On new 4-strokes you have the intake air temp sensor and air flow sensor that doesn't like to be contaminated with oil. It's great on 2-strokes for the cylinders though. My $.02

The only thing I wouldn't do is fogging. On new 4-strokes you have the intake air temp sensor and air flow sensor that doesn't like to be contaminated with oil. It's great on 2-strokes for the cylinders though. My $.02

My F200 manual specifically states to fog it when storing it. I tried to attach it but it's too big of a file. Page 74. Advises to spray it into the intake.

Um, am I allowed another naive question?

I do realize I can Google my question, but filtering through hits in the hundreds of thousands can be overwhelming (if not easily misinterpreted) to a noob. Another great reason I appreciate this forum, and its specificity to Bennington equipment, et al.

What is "fogging?"

My F200 manual specifically states to fog it when storing it. I tried to attach it but it's too big of a file. Page 74. Advises to spray it into the intake.
Sorry if I'm wrong but I don't see the point on a 4-stroke. Tink, fogging oil comes in a spray can and is used primarily to coat the cylinders in a 2-stroke engine. If Yamaha recommends it, so be it.

I have debated the full tank or less as well. I fill it to the half way point now so that I can fill it with fresh gas in the spring prior to starting. Not sure if this is the best way but I have never had any problems doing this.

Full and stabilizer. I also use some seafoam all the time.

I just keep my boat full of non ethanol whenever we’re done and I run k100 stabilizer all summer long. Even though it’s non ethanol, the fuels being produced as of lately are horrible compared to fuels of years ago. The additional stabilizer is cheap insurance for any junk in the fuel and at the end of the season I’m not scrambling to run the stabilizer thru before I fog (e-tec) and winterize.

I keep mine the same in the winter as I do in the summer.. But then, I use it all winter, so it's not going to sit long, anyway. :D

I have never worried to much about how much gas is in the tank, as like Link, I like to get as much fresh gas in the tank as I can in the spring.

I agree - usually around 1/2 tank and stabil.

I have debated the full tank or less as well. I fill it to the half way point now so that I can fill it with fresh gas in the spring prior to starting. Not sure if this is the best way but I have never had any problems doing this.

Back