Gates/Upolstered?

Anyone else noticed that the gates on the R series are no longer upholstered? In my opinion, this really detracts from the beautiful interior of these boats. The interior just doesn't flow like it did; you look around a these tin door panels pop right out at you. Just a little detail that I think cheapens the look of the boat. Here's mine, (front gate) which looks much better.

I agree. The Gate looks better and feels more solid with they Vinyl ect on the back side. Also having somthing on the back side of the gate would help protect it from dents it could get from the inside out.

Here is Finetoon's pic from the gallery!

My '05 R does not have the upholstered gates. I just acquired an upholstery machine and this would be a good thing to practice on. Steve

I prefer mine without, just another thing to snag with fish hooks, birds to crap on. mildew spots to show up ..... My 'RLi" already has enough upholstery to take care of..... :)

I have always liked the look of the Bow Gate Seat, to me that really finishes the look, but I can't give up the front gate which is our main access to on and off the boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is why we like ours upholstered and why the bow gate seat on our Benny will actually be used in front of the port gate. We have an Irish Setter that likes to direct traffic from that position too. :)

BTW, that shot is actually from our Harris Classic 220, now sold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back