Getting a custom enclosure made

I wish I would've read this earlier so you could've seen what I did. Mine turned out pretty nice and I actually leave it on as a mooring cover. I opted for 70% blackout screens with privacy curtains inside,which, when closed let no water in. What's cool though is I had it done in such a way I could have them cut out the screens and install a few zippered eisenglass panels if I thought I ever needed them in place of a few screens. Yours though is much better for viewing but it may be an oven. Anyway - mine is posted in the pontoon gallery as finished enclosure. Have a look. Yours turned out really neat.

Awesome enclosure and video Nick!

Been over a month now,been talking to dealer and manufacter of new slant front enclosure,nothing done,leaking and snaps starting to fall off,this is a piece of junk!

It's done and I am so stoked about how it turned out! I just dropped by the canvas shop to take a look. They have a few little things to finish it up, but it's basically finished and I'll be taking it to Lake Powell for 5 days starting this weekend to put it to the test. Looks like a couple of tropical storms are going to send a plume of moisture right our way and more flash floods are in the forecast. Can't wait to start chasing waterfalls from inside this thing!

Here's a link to about 8 photos. Google's new photos thing changed the way they store files so I can no longer hotlink them here.

More photos: https://goo.gl/photos/rv1wc4Wqp9VUV87cA

pontoon-enclosure.JPG

pontoon-enclosure-back.JPG
The enclosure looks great.  We are thinking about getting a custom one made for our Bennington.  Which type of glass did you decide on? And why?  Thanks

The enclosure looks great.  We are thinking about getting a custom one made for our Bennington.  Which type of glass did you decide on? And why?  Thanks

Great looking addition, Nick. The pics you display are absolutely breathtaking. Thanks for sharing them with us.

We went with the cheaper stuff. I don't recall exactly what brand anymore but after talking through our typical use with the canvas shop, that seemed to make sense. If we were going to leave it on and use it freezing temps, then they recommended getting the nicer stuff. 

Back