Getting Big Kahuna wrapped.....

BigKahuna

Reaction score
We decided to get our boat wrapped in the spring by a local company here at Lake Norman. Depending on the of the complexity of the design we come with..........whether it be pretty elaborate or rather simple the price is normally $100 a foot. But since I signed up for an early appointment in the spring and got the Christmas special discount, we'll be in the $1750-$1900 range. This includes removing the old decals, prepping the panel surface for wrap adhesion, design of the wrap, and installation.........

This will be pretty cool to see. You will be the first on here to go through with it so it will get a lot of attention. Any sneak peaks as to design?

A buddy of mine bought an older used Benny and had his wrapped.  Nothing elabarate, mostly white but he had his reg numbers and nickname incorporated into the wrap.  Came out pretty nice.

This will be pretty cool to see. You will be the first on here to go through with it so it will get a lot of attention. Any sneak peaks as to design?

My wife and I have different visions of what we want. I'm sure we will come up with a compromise. Ha!

I am meeting with the Wrap people soon so he has plenty of time to come up with a design and we can tweak it if need be. Spring will be here before you know it......

A buddy of mine bought an older used Benny and had his wrapped.  Nothing elabarate, mostly white but he had his reg numbers and nickname incorporated into the wrap.  Came out pretty nice.

Yup already thought about that. Good idea! Was even thinking about incorporating the Bennington name and logo if they are able to.......Or just buying the chrome letters that I believe KeithZ used. Does anybody remember how much they were for a set?!?

I can't remember the cost but $75 a set rings a bell. I'm actually trying to talk my buddy who has the boat in the video below (same color combo)  do go with that digital black and white camo pattern on the center part.

Digital%20camo%20wrap_zpskdqqjrvw.jpg

My wife and I have different visions of what we want. I'm sure we will come up with a compromise. Ha!

I am meeting with the Wrap people soon so he has plenty of time to come up with a design and we can tweak it if need be. Spring will be here before you know it......

Just show us what your wife wants. ;)

That's pretty exciting! Before and after photos, please!!

Keep us informed, can't wait to see.  If I was spending that kind of money would do more than simple white, I would think Hawaiian scene of some type

Sounds awesome!  In my opinion, I would go with the reg and boat name in the wrap and then buy a nice set of the Benni chrome logo names.  That would look really nice.  Good luck on your wrap and like everyone else, I can't wait to see the results.  I'm sure it's going to be awesome!

Pretty cool, can't wait to see what you guys come up with. I am pretty sure it will look nice with what ever your wife comes up with.   You never know you might even start a new trend in the Benny family. 

Is this what we are talking about?

image_zpso3xqen58.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey BK. Sounds like real good opportunity to have contest for the best wrap idea for your boat. I know this group has a lot of imagination ! Just thinking. LOL Lack of boating causes these ideas.

/monthly_2017_01/large.image.jpeg.cffa56e548790b6d137b3b11c617e195.jpeg/monthly_2017_01/large.image.jpeg.caa3aab8b23e03c54f6741641c720f5e.jpegWe are open to any ideas or designs......Opinions?!?

The top one reminds me of an rv too much. 

Back