Goofy question

Ecoman

Reaction score
On my Bennie I have a cleat at the front and back. I have a Q2575 I want to have more fenders or buoys but how to attach them. My rails are attached to my seats and panels there's no space to have any attachments. My Bennie is to Long to only have two I need three or maybe four so not to bang it on the docks. Any help out there????

When I got home last night from the lake my EZfenders must have been delivered Saturday. Can't wait to put them on next weekend

Ecoman, search for "Zodapop", we came up with a nice way to add fender eyes on a Q. There are a few pics on here somewhere. Steve

The EZ fender cleats fit very nicely on the lower rails of my Q28.

FarNorth, why would you place them on the lower rail? I want them on the top rail so I can place my fenders on from inside the boat as I am approaching the dock

Just mount them upside down on the under side of the top rail.

I had my dealer install 3 fender clips on the top rail of both the port and starboard sides- BEST investment I've ever made!!! Like a previous member said- why would you want to bend down low to the lower rail?

Adam, the ezfenders on the top rail; are they on the top or upside down like Tom said. I looked at my RL prior to ordering and I don't think it will affect the mooring cover

I did not use "EZFENDERS", if you look on Amazon the ones I used are described as "Taylor Made Products Traditional Boat Fender Lock and Peg Set". Very simple but they work great.

Taylor Made Products Traditional Boat Fender Lock and Peg Set

I have the EZ Fenders and they would rub on the Play Pen Cover if installed on the top of the top rail so the underside of the top rail is a better choice - at least on the Q model.

Jack

Can anyone comment on ezfenders on an R model?

Can anyone comment on ezfenders on an R model?
I have 8 of them still in the bags as it's taking more nerve than I thought to drill holes in my rails since I don't really use bumpers very often. I'll take another look when I'm back home next week.

I also use the Taylor Made holders - I like that they can be quickly and easily clipped anywhere on the rail. Last time I had another toon raft up with me I must have moved the two bumpers three times to get the placement 'just right'.

415iq7a-BRL._SX342_.jpg

Amazon has them at $17 something for 4.

This is the ezfender:

index~~element179.jpg

Do I notice fraying in the line from pinching by the thumbscrew?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am kinda nervous to drill holes to but I am going to bolt supply store and get some square u-bolts and mount to rail and I will probably bend them a Lil bit out before I mount them make it easier to pass line thru. I haven't really seen anything out there that I like and growing up farming we kinda make stuff that works for us. Ps I am getting stainless not galvanized u-bolts and will drill WHEN WIFE is not home LOL

FarNorth, why would you place them on the lower rail? I want them on the top rail so I can place my fenders on from inside the boat as I am approaching the dock
Sorry for the slow response. We only use fenders when leaving our boat stored overnight. We have bumpers built into our dock and our slip in the marina. We also keep our camper top up 90% of the time and put them on from the outside once tied up. We have them on the lower rail so that they don't interfere with the top.

TomS, You are afraid to drill holes? After drilling out the new Merc Monitor in your dash and making it look like its factory, No way!

I got the GPS hooked up to the SmartCraft gauge. Looks like its working fine, but I haven't taken the boat out yet to check.

Thanks again, Tom!

Jim_R, those fender lines came with my 94 Baja Twilght Cruiser, so they are 19 years old. I have probably had them in and out of EzFenders 1000 times for use and demonstrations. They can fray your lines if you don't tighten the thumbscrews enough and the lines slide or tighten them too tight onto the line. But, just a little pressure is all you need because I mill them with a concave hole under where the screw is, so it pushes the line down into the base. I used the same style you use, they worked ok, but they scratched and marked up my rails when they moved. Plus like you said, always adjusting the knots for height. There had to be a better way, so I stumbled into this about 5 years ago, and here we are.

FarNorth, ya, I've seen them mounted in all kinds of different spots, on the sides, on top, on the bottom. Upright by the gate and side panels. whatever works best for your application.

Thanks Guys!

Bryan

Bryan, is that your bennington in the ezfender photo? If so did the ezfender wear on your playpen cover?

Bryan, is that your bennington in the ezfender photo? If so did the ezfender wear on your playpen cover?
Bryan had a Manitou and now has a Premier, but I'm not sure what that one is.

Back