Got my new Benni today! Very Impressed!

bonhomme

Reaction score
Got my boat delivered to the lake today! What an awesome boat! I am going to post some pics but they aren't great because I was too busy having fun! What impressed me was the performance (After hour 2) of the 24' boat extended aft and bow with the new 200 Yamaha. I opened it up with 4 adults a full tank and got right at 44 MPH GPS at 5900 RPM. I bet with just me and a half tank I could hit 45-46 mph easily. That's a lot of boat moving really fast! How awesome is that! I am so happy!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats ready for your pics lol

Congrats, glad you like it!

We'd heard that the motor really performed well on that model 24' boat.  And it does--equal to or better on top speed than many 250 hp motors.

Glad you're impressed with the motor/boat combo. 

Congratulations that's a great speed hope mine can do the same I guess I will find out next Saturday. Have fun and enjoy

Congrats!

Congrats. Welcome to the family!

Todd

Boy, all you see now is the larger engines.  45 is the new 25.  That's going to make it hard to sell my boat in a few years so I can upgrade.  My friend Phil gave up looking for a used pontoon because even though he found quite a few that he liked they were all 50 - 90 HP and for that reason alone he passed and ended up buying a Yamaha open bow

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations .

Congratulations! That's awesome! I'm hoping mine can run around the same numbers. :)

Congrats 

Now I'm even more pumped about getting mine. Sent you a pm as well but curious what prop your running.

Link, to elaborate on your post, I think the reason your seeing the bigger engines is that these pontoons (tritoons) will perform similar to an open bow runabout especially with the larger motors. I grew up waterskiing since the age of 6, even ran bouys behind a runabout

and always thought when my girls were ready for the lake I would buy a boat that I could teach them to ski behind. My youngest is 2 and not quite ready, in my opinion to take out on the lake because I would still have to bring all the "gear" and still worry about safety in an open bow configuration. My wife kept asking me to get a pontoon, but to be honest, I always viewed pontoons as minivans of the water or party barges, so I refused! Well, I grew anxious and decided to look at pontoons just as an option to "tide" me over until I could get a "real boat". Boy, was I shocked at what I found! Pontoons running and handling like a runabout! Now you can have the best of both worlds, comfy room and the ability to water ski, wake board etc...The rest is history....we had our first day on the lake yesterday and look forward to many more!! Sorry for the long post but I put a great deal of thought into my purchase and if I decided to "convert", I think many more people my age will also. The day of the open bow runabout (except maybe for true ski/wake board boats) may be numbered!

Congrats on the new ride. We also wanted to ski and tube ect but wanted the convenience of a pontoon now that we have a grandchild.

Have a great time,

Later,

Marc

Ah-ha! Figured out how to post pics!

Back