Got the call today.

Hutch949

Reaction score
The marina called today to tell me my new 24sslx came in today.I was warned that a mistake was made.I had wanted the rear deck to have the ivory teak but was told it was discontinued so I went with the black accent teak .I was told in came in with some new teak that I have not seen.The salesman said it looked good but if I did not like it they would order me a new pontoon.I dont really want to do that.I guess I will see it next week.I have never ordered new,always just took what was there.Hope its not a bad start.

Keep an open mind.................it might look Great!!!!!!!!! If not get what you want! Congrats on the new boat!

Congrats and don't sweat it. Your dealer must be ok because they want you to be satisfied. You'll love it.

Congrats on the new boat! I like teak in any configuration.

Congrats and I bet you will like it. Like WP said, I like teak in any color. ENJOY !!!!

(and thumbs up to dealer giving YOU the option of ordering another if necessary)

Last edited by a moderator:
When Bennington replaced my vinyl in the aft [thanks TB] I was going to switch it to the teak. The dealer told me that the older teaks were discontinued due to some type of problem but the new teak was really sharp looking with a little different feel but I did not get a chance to see it as I opted to stay with the sand colored vinyl due to the cost of the upgrade

Link - What happened to your vinyl? I may have missed your post on that...

My 2012 Rl had a defective gas cap that allowed the gas to leak out, the gas permanently stained the vinyl below. Filed a claim, Bennington asked for pictures, got an email the next day approving the claim and TB sent the replacement vinyl to my dealer.

Saw the new Teak today,wasnt thrilled with it but I decided I didnt want to wait six more weeks so I decided to take it. It will be delivered next week.It reminded me of the clear office mats that go over carpet so a chair can roll on it over the top of the teak.

Saw the new Teak today,wasnt thrilled with it but I decided I didnt want to wait six more weeks so I decided to take it. It will be delivered next week.It reminded me of the clear office mats that go over carpet so a chair can roll on it over the top of the teak.
pics

Hi Hutch, regardless of the ivory accent or the black accent, your Aqua-teak would still have the same "finish". It is coated so it wears well. The supplier of the product was having a hard time giving us a consistent color finish with the ivory accent stripe...the teak portion kept coming in too "red", so we dropped the white accent due to this inconsistency.

The $2000 faux teak option looks and acts more like real teak, without the maintenance, but most folks don't want to drop that kind of coin on the option.

Hi Hutch, regardless of the ivory accent or the black accent, your Aqua-teak would still have the same "finish". It is coated so it wears well. The supplier of the product was having a hard time giving us a consistent color finish with the ivory accent stripe...the teak portion kept coming in too "red", so we dropped the white accent due to this inconsistency.

The $2000 faux teak option looks and acts more like real teak, without the maintenance, but most folks don't want to drop that kind of coin on the option.
I really love my ivory teak, but understand the problem. Bennington did the right thing. Gerry

Oh! We're not talking real teak with holly accents!!!! LOL

I love my faux teak it was one of the options that made Benny stand out from competition. It was money well spent. Anyone want to trade for a tower???

\Grin/

Back