Great Lakes Water Levels On The Rise

Great news, glad to see

Last year the 'Inland water way "
is76-1374417215-89253.jpeg
 rose so much they had to let it out into Lake Huron.

Last edited by a moderator:
6 Quadrillion gallons of water.

That's hard to get your head around. 6,000,000,000,000,000.

I like this one...

Bottled water commonly sells for $5.99 a case of 24 (16oz) bottles.

There are 3 gallons of water in a case.

$2/gallon.

If we bottled it and sold it, that would be $12 quadrillion dollars.

Our national debt just crossed $18 trillion. 

We could pay our national debt almost 700 times. 700 TIMES! At $2 a gallon for the water in the great lakes.

I also love that it's the third largest reserve of fresh water on the planet.

Only the polar ice cap and lake Baikal hold more water. Baikal is much smaller than the great lakes in surface area, but is over 5,000 feet deep. So there's that.

I'd love to live somewhere warmer...but the great lakes aren't going to move...so I'm staying. Love these lakes.

6 Quadrillion gallons of water.

That's hard to get your head around. 6,000,000,000,000,000.

I like this one...

Bottled water commonly sells for $5.99 a case of 24 (16oz) bottles.

There are 3 gallons of water in a case.

$2/gallon.

If we bottled it and sold it, that would be $12 quadrillion dollars.

Our national debt just crossed $18 trillion. 

We could pay our national debt almost 700 times. 700 TIMES! At $2 a gallon for the water in the great lakes.

I also love that it's the third largest reserve of fresh water on the planet.

Only the polar ice cap and lake Baikal hold more water. Baikal is much smaller than the great lakes in surface area, but is over 5,000 feet deep. So there's that.

I'd love to live somewhere warmer...but the great lakes aren't going to move...so I'm staying. Love these lakes.
Based on that theory ,It should be paid off .

http://archive.freep.com/article/20120923/COL32/120921063/Ron-Dzwonkowski-Great-Lakes-water-shouldn-t-be-for-sale-to-the-world

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/obama-allows-great-lakes-water-to-be-sold-to-china-as-half-the-u-s-faces-extreme-water-crisiss

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, Saginaw Bay Water levels at their highest during storms and south winds are up 22" in the last 3 weeks.  For non storm or strong winds, water levels are up 15" from last year

WOW

When we  went out Saturday ,I could tell that they must have lowered the levels on the Inland waterway again ( into Lake Huron )  ,very shallow  at the sand bar .

Back