Happy 4th of July Weekend

Pittsburgh

Commodore
Reaction score
The 4th of July weekend is here and the weather in the Northeast and Midwest is perfect. Low humidity and mild temperatures = Perfect Boating Weather for all ages young and old alike. The campfires will be burning , the BBQ's will be cooking and the memories will be growing with Benny playing a key role. Wishing The Bennington Family a Happy and Safe 4th of July 

4th-of-July.gif

11_12.jpg

131190790.jpg

At the lake house with sons, d-i-ls and grandson. Just returned from ride on the boat with everyone. Cold today but sunny and getting warmer all week. Can see the "Blue Angels" and coast guard planes practicing for the cherry festival from our dock. Happy 4th. 

Both daughters and 2 grandkids went back home to Texas Monday, so it's just the 2 of us this year. Fireworks on the lake are Saturday night, launched from a causeway just a couple hundred yards from our house, so we look straight up from our dock. Our road is closed for the event, and it's a bit of a block party here.

We're heading out for the concerts starting at 4 p.m., then fireworks going off on both sides of The Rez, stating at 9 pm., so we'll be on the lake quite late tomorrow night. It was great, last year.

Happy 4th and be safe out there.

It's 5:15 am Saturday morning. And it's the quite before the storm. Fourteen are in bed right now after playing corn hole till who knows.I went to bed! Today expecting another forty one for the week here in Ocean City.It's the thirteenth year for hosting this group of great friends and families. It all because of ten girls that have been very tight friends since high school.And now the families are just as tight. So anyways,we now have three generation that will not miss this week or at least long week end. A lot of food, fun, drinks,competition games,and water sports.Benny is always in the middle of the action from early to late in the night. And this is why we built the houses here at the beach,to be used by all! Here's to another GREAT 4TH!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          PS. Everyone stays here at our two houses. Here's to no sleep for a week.

Happy 4th everyone. 

10 days off, hopefully at least 7 will be on boat. Spent yesterday cruising around Gettysburrg, and forecast has 2 days of rain .... :(

We moved everything into the almost finished the lake house on Thursday and Friday.  Picked up the Ohio grandson on the way home, so daughter and husband could go to Lake Cumberland for the weekend with friends. I think we got the best deal. :D

I am finishing my kitchen backsplash this weekend after it was postponed with 3 ear surgeries. Cancer is gone....life is good./monthly_2016_07/large.20160630_163400.jpg.22efd3b511abed24c3474652960d3603.jpg/monthly_2016_07/large.20160630_163352.jpg.e5f4926b0edfb53e7776dfcb3b60b72d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good Carl! 

Thanks.

We moved everything into the almost finished the lake house on Thursday and Friday.  Picked up the Ohio grandson on the way home, so daughter and husband could go to Lake Cumberland for the weekend with friends. I think we got the best deal. :D

Yes you did, have a blast or two!

Friday.....Boat all day and dinner w/friends.    Saturday.......Huge luau at High Rock lake w/2 pigs in the ground.  Who knew there were a buncha Hawaiians in NC.    Sunday.........Neighborhood cookout.      Monday.........Rest?!?

Please take some time to reflect on those who gave their lives for us to gain our freedom from an oppressive government.
And then please educate the close-minded folks that fail to realize we are once again the subjects to those we chose to represent us.
Please let them know we are on the cusp of history repeating itself.
Let not our forefathers sacrifice be for nothing!

Happy 4th!

Happy 4th everyone

Back