Happy 4th of July Weekend

Brother and family came down to  Missouri from Wisconsin on Thursday.  We were out on the Benny for 6 hours on Friday. It was a great day.  The new 2275 GL SPS with 200hp Yam was awesome!  Pulled my brother and his two sons up at the same time and they all went up on 1 ski.  The boat was great for water skiing.  Weather went bad Saturday as it rained all day but we were able to get out yesterday for a few hours. We then had 15 people over for 4th party.  Today we will be on the Benny for one last day of skiing and boating fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy 4th everyone! Be safe out there on the water! 

Happy 4th everyone. 

I am finishing my kitchen backsplash this weekend after it was postponed with 3 ear surgeries. Cancer is gone....life is good.

Cwag, glad you got a good report, and cancer is gone! Congrats on that!

A Great Day Though A Bit Wet for The 4th 

Friends and Family all weekend long kept us and The Benny busy 

Tons of good food and fun for everyone

Nothing like a long weekend for The 4th 

131687700.jpg

Please take some time to reflect on those who gave their lives for us to gain our freedom from an oppressive government.
And then please educate the close-minded folks that fail to realize we are once again the subjects to those we chose to represent us.
Please let them know we are on the cusp of history repeating itself.
Let not our forefathers sacrifice be for nothing!

Happy 4th!

After this week, we all realize that we are closer than we thought to history repeating itself. :angry:

Backsplash and under counter lights are done. Suzi is happy. So we bought a new car. 2017 Explorer Sport

large.IMG_0412.JPG.5cd53a08097c6371302618ce711ff1d5.JPG
large.IMG_0414.JPG.641ddbb914f711cc68f34bd8fa3be863.JPG

Wow, that's quite a bonus!

Nice job and nice wheels!!

Carl is a lucky guy! When I get done with a house project my reward is starting another one :(

Suzi said from now on we pay someone to do projects.  :D

Suzi said from now on we pay someone to do projects.  :D

The "secret" is to hurt yourself doing this stuff, so it then becomes recommended and cheaper to pay someone else first. Ask me how I know this, after 3 injuries over the last 5 years, ugh. I've heard i am not to be left unsupervised any more.

The "secret" is to hurt yourself doing this stuff, so it then becomes recommended and cheaper to pay someone else first. Ask me how I know this, after 3 injuries over the last 5 years, ugh. I've heard i am not to be left unsupervised any more.

Now that there is funny! Actually, had I not had the surgeries, it would've been done sooner. It was too long to be without the kitchen.

I could lose an arm doing a project and I'd still be on the hook for completing future ones!

As much as I complain about doing projects, I look back and realize I've probably saved tens of thousands of dollars.

Probably 30 plus vehicles I've modified one way or another over the years, finished our basement family room, hardwood flooring, 2 decks on the house with a privacy fence ... 8 cubic yards of landscape stone (moved with wheelbarrow) to replace mulch ....the list keeps going .... LOL!! 

It's a catch 22 though, the more I do myself, the more $$$ I save to do more projects ....  :blink:

I hear you Dave. The older I get though I am realizing all the money I saved on labor is now being paid for via back/body issues. When I built our carport I had to carry treated 6x6x16' posts, lift them into place and drop them down into their hole all by hand. It is a miracle I can still walk when I look back on what I have done over the years. When getting the sheathing up on the trusses I was lucky enough to have a 4x8 sheet slide off and come at me while on the ladder. Luckily my throat was there to catch its fall....

That is funny.  Except the hurt and pain part...  Maybe just screwing up royally works just as good???

Years ago, I dangled a red t-shirt over a load of whites, trying to decide if it would be worth the gamble (and having to replace all our white clothes no matter what happened afterwards)...

Turned out to be worth it.  I got banned.  I haven't had to do laundry in 20 years!

That explains your pink skivies! But what caused the brown streak? 

That is funny.  Except the hurt and pain part...  Maybe just screwing up royally works just as good???

Years ago, I dangled a red t-shirt over a load of whites, trying to decide if it would be worth the gamble (and having to replace all our white clothes no matter what happened afterwards)...

Turned out to be worth it.  I got banned.  I haven't had to do laundry in 20 years!

Please don't tell my wife as I did this many years ago, even reinforced my "incompetence" when she forgot once. I am not to touch the laundry machines, she doesn't touch the lawn mowers.

My wife mows all the time too.  Someday I'll tell that story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back