Hello All, new to pontoon world..just looking info or suggestions

We have officially joined the Bennington family. Ended up ordering a 22SSBXP with a Vmax 150, loaded it up, except power top..Will be here 3rd week of May.

Thx you to all the info you have shared. Great forum and info.

Congratulations. Looking forward to pictures when you get it. We have a 24’ SSBXP. We love it, I think you will too. I’d also think a 150 Vmax will be a great motor on a 22’ S-series.

fullsizeoutput_e6.jpeg Thx Jeff for all your information and insight..I think we will as well..now time to get the lift changed over and set-up for a tri-toon..might have to extend it a bit as I'm figuring approx. 5-6 over hang on the rear..We ordered the Smokey Granite with a Sunset Red inset and canvas..was going to blk, but the wife likes to be a little different..

I know the granite will be dark as we have seen it in several showrooms, however have not seen the sunset other that a sample...

Now to find a trailero_O, have been looking at the Mid-America (trailersforpontoons.com) and Genesis and strated looking at Wolverine..I really dont need until October, so I have some time, but man, lots of info out there..any suggestions are greatly appreciated..

I have a genesis with drum brakes on one axle. No issues towing the boat from MI to FL, then back to MI to pick up the dune buggy and back to FL. They've beefed them up since mine so they should be even better now. Painted trailers look nice but they always seem to start rusting from what I've seen at the ramps. That is why we went galvanized.

And congrats on the new boat!

I have a 2 1/2 year old Shoreland’r that’s rusting at almost every weld so I would suggest staying away from them if someone brings them up. 20/20 hindsight and I probably should have gotten the galvanized Wolverine (but I wasn’t comfortable with the dealer) or the Mid-America (surge brakes on 1 axle) at my dealer. I wanted brakes on both axles which why I got the Shoreland’r.

Excellent choice. We love ours.

Back