Help! I have serious PADS issue!

djplourd

Reaction score
I think my wife might be infected. We foolishly (?) went to the boat show yesterday and she really, really liked the seat layout of the G model they have on display. We haven't even taken delivery yet of the 2014 2075GL we ordered in the Fall.  As a matter of fact we just signed the papers at the dealer right before heading to the show.

Please reassure me that this isn't serious. 

Daniel

That is the problem, It Is Serious. .

Perhaps you can work something out with your dealer ,and reorder .

That is what happened with our first order .We saw something different , reordered .The dealer sold our first order before the second one even was built .

You may be surprised as to what he can do .

I think my wife might be infected. We foolishly (?) went to the boat show yesterday and she really, really liked the seat layout of the G model they have on display. We haven't even taken delivery yet of the 2014 2075GL we ordered in the Fall.  As a matter of fact we just signed the papers at the dealer right before heading to the show.

Please reassure me that this isn't serious. 

Daniel

Unless what you ordered is purple with green and orange stripes your dealer might cooperate. Just dont let him register, finance or title transfer the first boat because then its used.

PADS is bad.  I know from experience.  I'd approach the dealer and try to work something out that is agreeable to both of you.  Your chances are pretty good if the paper work hasn't departed from the dealer yet.  Even if the paper work is gone you may still be able to work something out  ---  probably better now than in a year or two.   Good luck. 

I think the only cure for PADS, is get a budget buster first time, so you can't afford anything else after it.

When you start out trying to spend the least amount, eventually you end up paying more down the road with trades, taxes, and such.

Set your max budget, add 25%, and eat peanut butter n jelly sandwiches 5 days a week. That MIGHT be the only cure I can think of ..... :)

Do whatever you can to make the wife happy!

DJP you have set the bar high for PADS; you haven't even taken delivery yet!

Does your state have a three day "cooling off" law? That would be tomorrow..

I think the only cure for PADS, is get a budget buster first time, so you can't afford anything else after it.

When you start out trying to spend the least amount, eventually you end up paying more down the road with trades, taxes, and such.

Set your max budget, add 25%, and eat peanut butter n jelly sandwiches 5 days a week. That MIGHT be the only cure I can think of ..... :)
Semper,  Maybe I should have gone with an R series instead but I think I got just about every possible upgrade on the G.  i think she'll still be happy with what we're getting, it's just she hasn't seen it put together yet.   If she's not happy I might have to sleep on the boat!

All I can say is you sure are in a pickle of a situation.But what kaydano and lakeliving posted be your guide.

Semper,  Maybe I should have gone with an R series instead but I think I got just about every possible upgrade on the G.  i think she'll still be happy with what we're getting, it's just she hasn't seen it put together yet.   If she's not happy I might have to sleep on the boat!
You'd be surprised what's out there. We were ordering the 24SLX, then decided to move to an upgraded G, but found the leftover R model cheaper than the G, and slightly more than the S.

You are probably around 3 hours from us. Check out my dealers leftover 150 HP SSRX tritoon.

http://fsyamaha.com/NewSite/pontoon/2013/bennington/pon_ben_24-SSRX-tritoon_granite.htm

Back