Horn

What are the specs on your boat? My S series has it on the side of the helm. This was our last boat but you get the idea.

Untitled_zpsdc214fbb.jpg

Yep, Lakeliving did the unlazy thing and indicated where it is by a drawing and pic. That's the place I described in my post. Thanks, LL.

I've posted it before so it was in my archives!!!!

Hey, I'm trying to compliment you on that tidbit of help you offered, LL. Enjoy! :D  

Okay, "one day previously to Lakeliving getting so old and lazy, he took the initiative and created a pic to illustrate where the horn is located. He knew he'd get into a condition of total uselessness one day, so he saved it in his archives". 

Better??? :D

Had to pick on you a little. 

Depends on the model .Mine is under the deck starboard side 

Wish this thread was around a month ago. My horn died this spring on our R. Took 10min. looking before asking my wife to push the horn switch, while I hunted the thunk sound the old one was making. Ended taking it off myself and putting the new one back on. The dealer did give me a new one under warranty. Personally, I thought the spot was not well thought out in my opinion. It's always getting splashed by salt water. :angry:

The thread has actually been around since 2015....let this be a lesson on the search function!!!!

It was nice re-reading his heroic adventure and picturing it in my mind! I was referring to the topic of the thread!!! Glad you found it!

Coincidently, my horn quit working 2 weeks ago, which was only 3 weeks after we picked up this new boat.

So less than 10 hours and the horn is inoperative.

I figure, before I haul it out of the water and take to dealership, I'll check the basics.

Quick diag: Power to switch, no power past switch.

Remove switch, open it up, and notice the contacts are corroded and burnt looking.

Cleaned up contact points with a bit of sandpaper, and good to go.

It would have taken longer to hook the trailer to the truck....

Picture of red horn button, but I should have photo'd the nasty bits.

Last edited by a moderator:
That reminds me, Mine quit last year too. looked to see if the wires were still hooked up and they were at all 3 spots, horn switch and breaker, just need to check with a meter to see if I have power down there and get it warrantied before it runs out this fall.
where do I buy new horn for 2011 bennigton pontoon?

They are pretty universal and can be had on Ebay, auto parts store or your dealer.

Back