Horns

Randy R

Reaction score
Where do you find the horn for 2550 RBR pontoon? It is not working and I can not find the area that the horn is located. Should I move the horn when I do find it? Because from what I have read it gets water in it and it stops working. Please advice.

Access to my horn is from inside the helm. It's located on the outside wall facing out......

Mines above the starboard toon at the bow

Mine is also above the Starboard toon at the bow .I did get water in mine once ,got it out with a can of air .It has worked fine since

Since we are on this subject, has anyone ever replaced the actual horn unit with one that had a more pleasing timbre?

Since we are on this subject, has anyone ever replaced the actual horn unit with one that had a more pleasing timbre?

Nope, never really use mine, so I never worried much about it. Now my Jeep .... here comes the train horn!!! :D

My horn wouldn't wake up someone sleeping on the couch next to it, let alone another boat speeding at you. Air horn in a can is much more likely to avoid an accident, or get someone's attention if you're ever stranded. That factory horn is junk. But it makes you legal.

My horn wouldn't wake up someone sleeping on the couch next to it, let alone another boat speeding at you. Air horn in a can is much more likely to avoid an accident, or get someone's attention if you're ever stranded. That factory horn is junk. But it makes you legal.
Agreed, I replaced mine with one that other boats can hear. Also spun it around so all the sound wasn’t going into the rail.

Actually, I'd rate my horn rather impressively. Perhaps they switched suppliers.

Back