Horsepower

Maybe he is wanting us to all post he needs a new boat so he can show his wife and say "see, we just need a new boat"
I am one of those lucky ones ! She never says a word or has an opinion unless I ask for it. I don't know if you saw my other discussion on this topic, but with my latest prop change sea trial we were racing across the lake and I did not have my phone for gps. I asked the little lady to quickly download an app and give me a speed. She looked at me with a big smile and said "29". Gotta tell you it felt like it too! Then she said uh oh, and said thats kph, not mph. I said leave it set that way, its working in my head. I think I am going to continue to rationalize this PADS thing and see if I can control the urge to spend another $14,000 to trade when I have a gorgeous 2014 GCW that's paid for runs 20-22 on a good day and is on a 1500 acre lake that 1/3 of is a no wake zone! When my buddies at the other end of the lake call and say get over here, it will have to be, see you shortly as opposed to see you in a minute. Not saying that the thought of trading still doesn't cross my mind at least once a day!

I am one of those lucky ones ! She never says a word or has an opinion unless I ask for it. I don't know if you saw my other discussion on this topic, but with my latest prop change sea trial we were racing across the lake and I did not have my phone for gps. I asked the little lady to quickly download an app and give me a speed. She looked at me with a big smile and said "29". Gotta tell you it felt like it too! Then she said uh oh, and said thats kph, not mph. I said leave it set that way, its working in my head. I think I am going to continue to rationalize this PADS thing and see if I can control the urge to spend another $14,000 to trade when I have a gorgeous 2014 GCW that's paid for runs 20-22 on a good day and is on a 1500 acre lake that 1/3 of is a no wake zone! When my buddies at the other end of the lake call and say get over here, it will have to be, see you shortly as opposed to see you in a minute. Not saying that the thought of trading still doesn't cross my mind at least once a day!
You must be on Geist or maybe Morse? We started out with our first boat (Rinker) and then a second (Checkmate) docked on Geist long before the water company turned it over to developers. I learned to ski there with friends from work. We went out on long lunch ski sessions or after work from our office in Castleton. Good times.

You must be on Geist or maybe Morse? We started out with our first boat (Rinker) and then a second (Checkmate) docked on Geist long before the water company turned it over to developers. I learned to ski there with friends from work. We went out on long lunch ski sessions or after work from our office in Castleton. Good times.
I am on Morse. Probably fast enough for this lake. Came from the Ohio river out of Louisville. Last boat there was a 30' express cruiser with twins. My future holds a bigger body of water someday. Morse is OK for now, clean, pretty and relaxing. I feel it is much better than Geist as it is less crowded and I believe deeper. Clear lake is up north? Had a friend who had a place on Lake James for years. I really liked that area and all the lakes. Do you still live in the Indy area? 

I am on Morse. Probably fast enough for this lake. Came from the Ohio river out of Louisville. Last boat there was a 30' express cruiser with twins. My future holds a bigger body of water someday. Morse is OK for now, clean, pretty and relaxing. I feel it is much better than Geist as it is less crowded and I believe deeper. Clear lake is up north? Had a friend who had a place on Lake James for years. I really liked that area and all the lakes. Do you still live in the Indy area? 
We were in Carmel for 20 years, moved to Ft. Wayne in '95, and made Clear Lake full time this year. Clear is NE of Lake James about 15 miles. That one's way too busy for us.

Yes, I once saw much rip the outdrive right out of a boat at Geist, when he hit a stump at full tilt.

We were in Carmel for 20 years, moved to Ft. Wayne in '95, and made Clear Lake full time this year. Clear is NE of Lake James about 15 miles. That one's way too busy for us.

Yes, I once saw much rip the outdrive right out of a boat at Geist, when he hit a stump at full tilt.
How big is the lake you are on now? You have a ton of hp. Other than that big motor our boats look very similar in pictures. Black and ivory with rear chaises. Me a GCW, you a RCW.

How big is the lake you are on now? You have a ton of hp. Other than that big motor our boats look very similar in pictures. Black and ivory with rear chaises. Me a GCW, you a RCW.
Only 800 acres, but mostly Nautiques and Malibus here and slow pontoons. I have no regrets on going with the 250hp after owning 2 other pontoons. We sold our Malibu ski boat and Harris pontoon and this one can do everything those 2 could do and more. When we retire we'll take this one with us to one of the bigger southern lakes if all goes according to plan. We can also trailer to Cumberland and Dale Hollow where the big motor is very nice to have.

Ours is granite with black accent, sandstone interior, seagrass. We love it!

Only 800 acres, but mostly Nautiques and Malibus here and slow pontoons. I have no regrets on going with the 250hp after owning 2 other pontoons. We sold our Malibu ski boat and Harris pontoon and this one can do everything those 2 could do and more. When we retire we'll take this one with us to one of the bigger southern lakes if all goes according to plan. We can also trailer to Cumberland and Dale Hollow where the big motor is very nice to have.

Ours is granite with black accent, sandstone interior, seagrass. We love it!
Plans are similar. We are beginning to research eastern Tennessee. Great lakes, mountains, nice 4 season climate and no state income tax. Definitely going to have more hp down there.

I noticed,from pictures that you went to the Bennington open house. When is that? I think that is something we would like to do. Saw your pictures. I had only looked at the thumbnail and from a distance your boat looked black and the interior looked lighter. Nice ride.

I noticed,from pictures that you went to the Bennington open house. When is that? I think that is something we would like to do. Saw your pictures. I had only looked at the thumbnail and from a distance your boat looked black and the interior looked lighter. Nice ride.
Bennington isn't doing the open house anymore. Last year was the last.

Bennington isn't doing the open house anymore. Last year was the last.
Thanks for the reply. Thats too bad as I would have enjoyed seeing everything there. Dealers only have limited inventories. This forum has helped a lot. 

The open house was expensive last year. Probably for Bennington too!

Back