How do I evacuate water from center pontoon?

txcop241

Reaction score
I have a 2007 2275GS tritoon.  After sitting for two years due to a drought, we recently had almost twenty inches of rain.  The center toon, usually used for ski and board storage, filled about half way up with water.  I guess it came in through the floor where the opening is.  I thought there was a bilge pump that evacuated this water, and any water that may get in there over time, but I cannot find it and I cannot get anything to turn on.  Ive checked the owners manual but cannot locate anything there either.  Any help?

Mine has a bilge pump at the very back of the pontoon. You can see it when you open a floor opening where the gas tank is. And there is a bilge switch on my helm. Might not be the same on your boat, but it's hard to imagine them not providing a way to get that water out. If you don't have a bilge you'll probably have to get something similar to pump it out yourself. You can buy a little 12v pump and run some tubing. That really sucks. 

What Nick said. Make sure the little cutout on the back partition wall in the center storage tube isn't plugged with anything either, that's how the water gets to the bilge pump.

Good point, also make sure there isn't junk plugging the bilge pump. When I first got my boat, the tube was loaded with sawdust from the factory and that plugged up my bilge. There's still sawdust all over in there actually. Sloppy that they wouldn't clean that up before sending it out. 

Or flip the boat over and shake it really hard.

Try what the guys said above first.

Or Shopvac.

Landshark.

I recently had a problem where there was a bunch of junk down in the center tube that was interfering with the bilge pump.  I went and bought one of those water toys that has a plunger and you can suck up water into it and then push it out.  It worked really well for getting the last bit of water out of there.

That's thinking outside the pontoon!!!

We have some of those. Once my sewer camera arrives and I figure out which toon has some water in it, I'll use the water toy with some extra hose to suck it out. It may be something I do a couple times over the summer to get me through boating season and may let me wait until fall to fix it.

Awesome idea! Thank you!

Mine pick up a small amount of water. The bilge does not seem to get it all out. I send one of the kids down there with the wet/dry vac and threaten to lock them down there if they don't get all the water out.  Works every time.

Had the same problem...was wondering why bilge pump wasn't working....thought it was automatic......pulled out the schematics and found I had a bilge pump switch (not labeled)......even emailed my dealer contact before I figured it out saying my my bilge pump isn't working. Switch is either off/manual/automatic.....mine was off. I had to send my contact a DOH! I found it email. Live and learn.

So I googled this and realized that I asked this question three years ago, right here on this forum. So now my question is, since I have figured out how to get the water out, what I am wondering is....what is allowing the water to get in there? The lid shuts tight and there does not appear to be a missing seal or anything. This did not do this when it was new. Anyone figured out why the center toon fills up with rainwater?

I thought the lid has slots in it?

Back