How much do seat covers fade?

Jeffrey

Reaction score
So we bought a 25 foot RSR-FB with the sun lounge option last year.

After we brought it to the lake, we noticed that Bennington had installed the incorrect brackets for the sun lounge cross bars, which made the sun lounge unusable for the summer.  We bought it in for storage in the fall and our dealer was going to handle the warranty issue.  They got the correct brackets quickly enough, but the holes didn't line up...so we were going to be left with visible holes where the incorrect (larger) brackets connected.  So the dealer worked all winter and spring with Bennington to get either new seats or new seat skins.  New skins unfortunately arrived yesterday, which unfortunately doesn't give the dealer enough time to recover the seats.  (Me taking the boat up is no small task...I've got friends taking vacation days to help me, so rescheduling would probably result in another few weeks of no boat).

So, that means if the new skins get installed it won't be until October when I bring the boat back for storage.

And thus my question: After two years of use, will my seats have faded to the point that the new skins won't match?  We keep the boat covered whenever not in use.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had a cushion replaced on my starboard lounger twice ,we cant tell the difference . We also keep it  covered when not in use .

I also use 303 Aerospace protectant on a regular basis 

I agree with Jack. I had seat replaced twice in 4 years and never saw a difference. 

As long as you cover your boat it will be fine......

I have had a cushion replaced on my starboard lounger twice ,we cant tell the difference . We also keep it covered when not in use .

I also use 303 Aerospace protectant on a regular basis

Hello - Have you tried the 303 Aerospace cleaners and protectant on Simtex coverings? I am looking for a good product for the coming season. Thanks in advance.

As noted by CWag in the other thread according to Bennington no 303 products are needed for the Simtex

Hello - Have you tried the 303 Aerospace cleaners and protectant on Simtex coverings? I am looking for a good product for the coming season. Thanks in advance.

My Simtext seating looks brand new after its first season, and it got plenty of use. We were able to simply clean it periodically with soapy water, and we never had any issues. Our boat is on a covered lift/hoist, and when we would be away from it for more than a couple of days, I’d also put on the boat cover. When in constant daily use, I’d just have it up on the lift, with its canopy protecting it. Thus, it was nicely covered from the elements when not in use.

Back