How much power can our 2075 GS handle?

Jrcphish

Reaction score
We have a 2007 2075 GS currently powered with a 50HP 4 stroke Honda. Supposedly, this model is only rated up to 60HP. Do you think I could safely put a 90HP 4 stroke (yamaha) on it? Thinking about upgrading the outboard for higher top end speed. Thanks!

If you put on more than the toon is rated, you're asking for trouble. If you had an accident and the ins co saw that it was overpowered, not good. Put a center tube on it and then get it rerated for more HP.

Yup, I agree with Carl, I had an 09 2075 GLi with a 90hp, I think it was rated up to 115hp, I wonder if just the transom section could be replaced with a newer one if it is beefed up over the 07 version. Where did you find out what it's max hp rating was? Is it on the sticker?

If it has 25" tubes it should be rated for a115hp I believe. I have a 2075 gli 2010 model and its rated for a 150hp with ESP package.

If you put on more than the toon is rated, you're asking for trouble. If you had an accident and the ins co saw that it was overpowered, not good. Put a center tube on it and then get it rerated for more HP.
Carl, I didn't know that you can have a boat rerated. Who rerates it, the dealer or the manufacturer? Not that I am going to do it but what if someone did their own work and added a third pontoon

It would be the Coast Guard.

Oh, I never thought about toon size! Do you have 23" or 25"?

Thanks for all the input. I'm 99% sure they're 23" toons. I can't measure right now because its at the marina getting a Power Pole installed. Hooray!

TB thinks a 2007 my 20' G is rated for more that 60 hp...thinking 90 hp. Take your serial # to the dealer and have him look it up. (Did you pull your information from the capacity plate next to the throttle?) Perhaps Bennington applied an incorrect capacity plate.

Back