How would you order

JSM

Reaction score
Thinking about ordering another 2275 GCW. Considering the 115 or 150 and either the Express Tube Package or the 32" Twin Elliptical Performance Package. Thoughts ? Also Sea Star Hydraulic steering would be necessary on the 150 hp, thoughts on the 115 hp. Is there a rule of thumb on the 20" or 25" engine option with these set ups? Going with Yamaha.

Generally you'd get the 25" unless you have an SHO version, which is only available in 20". Seastar is highly recommended if you're doing any watersports at all.

The 2275 GCW is a little heavier than the S series, and I'd suggest going the F150 Yamaha and Express Tube Package. 

The 32" Twin Ellipticals is the fastest hull (by 1-2 mph), and hit handles heavy weights.  But it's more money than the Express Tube, and it doesn't handle as well.  Tritoons are very popular today on used pontoon boats.

The SeaStar would be needed on any 150 hp, and it's really preferable on a 115 hp.

My 24SSLX with the F150 and SeaStar is as nice a boat as I ever need or want.

I have a 2375 GCW with the elliptical toons and 150 Yamaha. And don't miss a tri-toon at all. The only watersports we do is some tubing with the grand kids. Maybe a triple toon would be missed with other watersports.

We have the 2015 2275 GCW with a 150 and Express tubes..  Still breaking it in but in choppy water can hit very close to 40.  Cruises quite nicely.  If and when we tube the 150 provides plenty of power.  We primarily use it in and around the Gulf Coast area.  Always wind always a little chop.  We are very happy with this config.  The difference between the 20 and 25 transom depend on the engine.  We are fitted with the 20.

I've been very happy with my GCW 2275 mated with a Yamaha 150 on Ellipticals. The under-deck wave shield makes the boat smooth and quiet. 

I've also been very happy with the seakeeping abilities of the boat. The ride is great even in a chop, 1 to 2 footers melt away.

Turning is OK, not like a V-hulled boat but then again, it's not. With the motor mostly broken in I'm seeing 40 at 6000 rpm with just me and a half a tank of gas in the boat. She cruises really nice at 20 turning 3500 rpm.

I have a 150 with NO hydraulic steering.  Just cable steering. 

My arms get bigger every time we go out...

I do a lot of S curves when pulling tubes, and I really have to crank on the wheel with two arms (not just two hands, but two arms - trying to make a point).  I figure it's good exorcize.

Ha ha.  That's exercise.  Spell check got me.  Although when you are done pulling the kids for the day, you FEEL like you performed an exorcism.

Wow I didn't realize it would be that tough without the hydraulic. I have a suicide spinner on my wheel and use my left hand to steer and hold on to the bimini with my right hand when making sharp turns.

Kells, do you have hydraulic without power assist? And you can one-hand a hard turn with a spinner knob?

Yea it's very easy to turn. I didn't think I had the full hydraulic setup either but I'll double check

I'm pretty sure I have seastar power assist.  It takes a little pressure to get the last 10% of a turn, but otherwise It's real easy.   I have to spin the wheel maybe 4 complete revolutions for a full turn. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Im considering adding the power steering after the fact :( .. Would recommend at 115. Wave shield for sure

I have the BL suicide knob.  I have the power assist, but since my marina is somewhat tight and I always need to do a three point turn to dock, I like being able to turn the wheel as quickly as possible.

How is the BL holding up? I was considering that brand and I bought a different brand for the wood grain and now I'm having issues with slipping around the wheel.

if you have the full hydraulic steering, how many revolutions on the wheel to take to turn from center to either side?

I can't imagine it being much easier to turn, I'm wondering if maybe its just less revolutions.or the 150 doesn't create enough resistance to make it hard

How is the BL holding up? I was considering that brand and I bought a different brand for the wood grain and now I'm having issues with slipping around the wheel.

if you have the full hydraulic steering, how many revolutions on the wheel to take to turn from center to either side?

I can't imagine it being much easier to turn, I'm wondering if maybe its just less revolutions.or the 150 doesn't create enough resistance to make it hard
The BL comes with different size spacing "pads" so it took some experimenting to get the right one tightened in the right position to avoid slipping.

I think it's about 3 revolutions to fully turn.  I like the knob not because the wheel has resistance (I could turn it with one finger), but I feel it's just more ergonomic to turn quickly with one hand on the knob and keep the other hand on the throttle.  

Back