I can be your advisor regarding adding an Express Tube to your boat

goldnrod24

Reaction score
Hi gang. I previously posted a thread about my experience of adding an Express Tube to my 2275 RLi.

It is unbelievable how much of an improvement this has been to my boating experience. As a planing hull, versus a displacement hull, the boat is a completely different beast.

From a ride and handling perspective, it is as smooth as butter. I've not yet checked to see what the speed increase is, but frankly, that's not why I did the upgrade.

I learned a lot through this process and would be happy to provide advice and counsel to anyone who is considering this upgrade. You will be glad you upgraded, I promise.

I am a very happy Bennington owner! BM is the best of the best. Happy boating!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on a successful Express tube project and have a great boating summer!

If only you could advise me on getting one shipped from Bennington to Utah for less than $1800 in freight! That sounds awesome. I am definitely envious of the upgrade. 

Great to hear it's working for you!

Is this even possbile on my (I/O) boat?  I am assuming no as I contacted my local dealer last February who said they were going to contact Bennington directly to find out but I never heard back from them.  Wonder if they didn't think I was serious about it?

You already have 3 tubes Keith.     :wacko:

Ok I guess I mispoke about which TYPE of tube....I was wanting to replace my center tube with an eliptical tube.

I remember that now but I think it would be cheaper to buy a new boat.     :D

Within the last few weeks I have spoken with GoldenRod via PM and the phone and he has been a tremendous help.  I sent my dealer an email asking for a quote on the Express tube and the wave shield.  I am still waiting to hear back.  For those that are doing this for the R series make sure you get the correct parts.  They even have a name for the correct wave shield.  B)  

I've been rebuilding a balcony and screen porches on my lake house in 90 degree days.  Needless to say, I was just about to croak from the heat. 

At about 1:00 p.m., I decided the lake was just too beautiful, and I went for a long ride on my 24SSLX.  Then I took a nice long nap.

And it is now a great day to be alive.

Sounds like a great way to end a day!!

If only you could advise me on getting one shipped from Bennington to Utah for less than $1800 in freight! That sounds awesome. I am definitely envious of the upgrade.
PM sent.

I have 2 elliptical pontoons, no lifting strakes though... can I add a middle elliptical?
Beyond my expertise, sorry. I only know the Express Tube.

The strakes and foils are integral to the ESP system and three 32" wide toons won't fit. It's a no go.

I know how you could get that third elliptical on there, ya just need to engineer a few outrigger supports........ Hehe jk

What is a reasonable price to add an Express tube?  We may need to in the future if we go with the 2550 GSR.

The tube with lifting strakes and wave tamer should run less than $3,000.  Installation depends on the dealer.  7-10 hours at a typical shop rate of $100 an hour maybe?

Back