I guess we'll see

Dang it Carl! You're killing me today! Victoria Secret Model.

And to save myself from another post, Victoria Secret is a place for ladies to by undies!

Dang it Carl! You're killing me today! Victoria Secret Model.

And to save myself from another post, Victoria Secret is a place for ladies to by undies!

Says the young guy!!!

I think my wife buys hers at Tractor Supply! Or is it Graingers? Or Menards?

I'm digging myself into a hole...... So, Victoria's Secret it is!

I know Vickys. You have to remember I have no prostate so I can't get "interested" anymore.

Your young and ambitious Derrick. This is a speed bump in your path and you will overcome it. You said you'd be working days (+1) and make a little less than "two" jobs you are working. Run the numbers and possibly see what expenses are for the "second" job. Never know, it might be a wash and hopefully it's a slight gain. If so, maybe keep the second gig (or another) till you get settled in on the new job and hopefully your pay catches up quickly when they see your work ethic. 

Good luck working through your decision -- we're all hoping for the best for you!

Thanks everyone, I'm pretty sure I know what I should do, I do really appreciate all the positive thinkers on here! Just needed a place to put my thoughts out there!

That's the problem with small town rural living, there aren't a lot of good paying jobs. Other than going and working at the jail. Money wise, it's very close to what I'm making now, which is still substantially less than I used to make, but still a good wage.

I would love to move down and have a longer boating season, maybe Link needs a full time house sitter for when he's on cruises and vacation! Haha 

Having mixed feelings on it as I am giving up a lot of the boating season this year.  So come on down Bulldog, going away for a month leaving Wednesday and then going for 3 weeks July 1.  Tell you what you can have my job too 

Thanks to all those for PM'ing me asking on my situation, figured I'll post it in here in case any others were wondering. So I did quit my job and took the private courier one. It was pretty tough. For me leaving a company I'd been with for 7 1/2 years is not an easy choice. I decided that I would like to be working days again, and all you "positive thinkers" on here made me think that who knows, maybe something else will come out of it. 

All that being said, it's been two weeks working for the new company and it hasn't been all bad. The first week was hectic, just figuring out all the different paperwork and all the missing BOL (had packages but no bills of lading to go with them!!) . Luckily the first week we didn't have the UPS contract yet so freight volumes were easily manageable in the time provided. Well last week was a gong show! Haha trying to keep all the previous customers happy with their delivery times and trying to mix in time to sort and load all the other freight is challenging to say the least! I always try to be upfront with them and let them know that things will be a little wonky for the first while until we get a routine sorted out. I also always operate on the "if I'm really late with your stuff today, you'll get priority tomorrow! " train of thought. 

We'll have to sit down and chat with the boss again soon since I'm paid a flat rate per day(which I didn't want, but that's what he has always done previously), but that was with his words that he doesn't want his guys working more than 7-8 hours/day. Well we went 13, 11, 9, 10, 10 so something in that equation will be changing! 

I will say it feels great to see a lot of my old customers and how excited many of them are to see me, I don't even hate the long hours and crazy busyness.  I just know that it is only going to get busier so we better figure something out soon. 

Once again, thanks for all your kind words, messages and thoughts!!

Glad to hear you're progressing Derrick, even if it's uncomfortable, which it ALWAYS is. The part about your "old" customers being excited for you really says a lot. Hang in there.

Well, it must be somewhat positive for you, you didn't quit!! :blink:

Hopefully over time it gets better, demand shorter days, higher pay, and longer weekends!!  :D

I left a company I was at for over 6 years a little over two years ago now. If was the best decision of my life even though it meant losing a company car and working from home. In time I bet you won't have any regrets!

Back