I have a story to tell.

Ecoman

Reaction score
Hi my name is David Joslin and I have a story you will be interested in. I bought my first Q2575 last year in March 2013. The Dealer was Phil Dill out Lewisville Tx they are some of the most patience people I have ever had the pleasure to work with. When I had made the call to order my Q , I had but one very important requirement the boat needs to go 50 mph and Nathan made the call to Bennington to confirmed with Mercury about this and they said yes the motor that I had chosen would do it and I was given a personal guarantee of this. After my boat came in we had a few miner things but Phil Dill stood strong behind the boat and it was great. As the time went on the boat never made the 50 mph so Bennington step up and work on the boat. They had the boat pick up from my home 375 mile from my dealers shop. Phil Dill worked with Bennington on this issue for some time but not able to resolve it. I had talked to Bennington about this and they step up to the plate and stood behind there product. I was told that this was the Bentley of boats and they would make things right or buy it back and so that was what they did. We are talking about a 100,000 dollar boat I was amazed. They work with me and bought back my boat and I ordered a new Q 2575 with the right engine that will make the speed of 50 mph. I have my own Co. and our policy is treat the customer with resect and if it is not right make right. Bennington is this type of a Co. The boat is awesome beyond what I could have imagined. I would recommend a Q to anyone out there and for that matter any Bennington Boat would be a great buy.

I'm not sure if this was the type of a story your looking for but I wanted to share it with you.

I have my new Q and eagain it is awesome with the speed of 54.1 mph. Thank You Bennington for everything you have done for me!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool !!!

Incredible!

Good story! I had to laugh when I read the part about you having your own company and you.............."Threat" the customer with respect. I know you meant to say "treat"...............

Awesome. I can't wait to hear it.

Where's the pics?    :D

Sweet

Unbelieveable.  Stories like that are very rare. 

I have a 2001 2575 LX in very good shape. The boat originally had a F100 hp ( carbureted) Yamaha on it. I was in the market for a new Fuel injected engine and looking at a 150 hp but the placard said 125HP max and 17 persons. I emailed Bennington and sent them all the info and pics they asked for. A Bennington engineer contacted me and said I could easily upgrade to a 150hp with 13 persons and sent me a new placard, free. Needless to say I got a great deal on a 2014 F115 LA Yamaha and didn't need to change my placard but from what I experienced Bennington goes out of their way to support their owners.

Nice from what I hear can't beat the service

Great story Ecoman, thanks for sharing.  [still don't understand what it is with numbers and speed though unless you only have a 6 pack left and there are 7 people on the boat :eek: ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Great story Ecoman, thanks for sharing.  [still don't understand what it is with numbers and speed though unless you only have a 6 pack left and there are 7 people on the boat :eek: ]
I like the post. It must be because I'm on a smaller lake.

Great post. As someone who is in the initial stages looking for a pontoon boat it sounds like bennington is the way to go

Great story! what motor did the first boat have and which one does the second have?

I too have had good luck with Phil Dill and Bennington. Nice to know that about them as this is my first year as a boat owner, may want to upgrade at some point, thanks

Great information. I asked my dealer as I was ordering my boat if he would guarantee that my boat would do 70mph. Without missing a beat, he said absolutely, as long as it was being towed down the highway with a tail wind. He did tell me that it would do close to 50 and so far I have seen 48. I think it will see 50 under the right conditions.

Cheers, Steve

Back