Benny is Delivered after winterization and storage

BOAT IS FILTHY !!!!

I will be cleaning boat myself tomorrow instead of enjoying it 

Honestly I am so tired of the BS 

Why1.jpg

Why say you will deliver Boat clean if the inside is layered with DIRT and

The Carpet needs Vacuumed ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Get your money back and find another place to service and take care of your boat. Not acceptable!

Get your money back and find another place to service and take care of your boat. Not acceptable!
My problem is 

There is nowhere else to go 

Dealerships here are like 70 - 100 miles from me 

The Dealers Know You Are Stuck !

I will take pics tomorrow before cleaning to show how dirty

I understand....I was lucky. In Virginia the dealer was at my marina I kept my boat at 25 minutes from my house. Here at Lake Norman the Benny dealer is right across the lake from our house. About 3 or so miles by boat.......

How did your boat get so dirty? Was it stored outside?!?

It was shrink wrapped with a heavy gauge Blue Vinyl

Storage was outside at his facility 

Inside storage was not possible 

All space was taken

He said when he picked it up in October

and Once again when I dropped off Vinyl Stickers for Boat 

That he would clean inside and outside of Boat

I would love to freak out on him but noone else is anywhere near me

ADVICE

If you live nowhere near a multitude of Boat Dealerships 

Do Not Buy A Boat !!

They dont have to work to win your loyalty or earn your business

It is them or noone 

Strange for your AREA 

Lake Havasu is huge 

Many Boaters There

Here not the case 

I think the work ethic and pride in workmanship is gone

It is a new era...........

One of Disappointment

Many owners just accept that the first boating day of the year will be spent cleaning up the boat.  Getting a boat back dirty is expected--unless you want to pay'em $250 for a cleanup.

Cleanup is a small job task I don't look forward to, but it's no big deal once I get going.  I'm very fortunate to have a large boathouse, and I can get after it with a pressure washer if needed.

I expect to clean my boat the next day or so and be right where I want to be--out in the middle of our 1 1/2 mile wide lake floating around.

Many owners just accept that the first boating day of the year will be spent cleaning up the boat.  Getting a boat back dirty is expected--unless you want to pay'em $250 for a cleanup.

Cleanup is a small job task I don't look forward to, but it's no big deal once I get going.  I'm very fortunate to have a large boathouse, and I can get after it with a pressure washer if needed.

I expect to clean my boat the next day or so and be right where I want to be--out in the middle of our 1 1/2 mile wide lake floating around.
I guess when he said he would clean the boat and vacuum

And after being told it was in the cost I took him seriously

I will spend the entire day tomorrow cleaning it

One thing that I know for sure

After I am finished it will be cleaned

IMG_4403-Edit-2.jpg

I feel your pain, Pittsburgh. To avoid the trouble with the one dealer in my area, I just do everything I possibly can myself. No disappointment that way. Hell, I'm even doing my own 100 hour service and oil change this weekend. I've never even changed my own oil in a car! 

Do you have any friends with a pole barn ? Any place for you to build one ?

Dealer is delivering mine @ 9:00 am today .Spring cleaning is " supposed " to be included. 
I will find out shortly .

Pittsburgh......disregard this post.....didn't see your other answer......

How did your boat get so dirty over the course of winter storage? Was it dirty to begin with when you put it away? Or was it stored outside and the snow piled on it and possibly got inside or is there pollen all over it?!? That's the only thing I have to clean in the spring because the pollen gets in through the vents in the cover......

Here's my setup

Same situation with me. Only it was damage, not dirt.

Just getting everything ready for delivery ,all the talk I do about 303 .I have over 2 gallons of Fabric Guard ,plenty of 303 cleaner .But I forgot :wub:   to order the Aero space protectant. .Only half a bottle . Amazon is calling . .

Pitts - "The boat is really dirty"

Dealer - "sorry"

Pitts - "You promised me it would be clean inside and out on delivery"

Dealer - "sorry"

Pitts - "So what's fair here...what do you propose to make it right now that you did far less than you promised?"

Dealer - "___________________________"

If it were me, I'd be decisive that I don't own the problem and keep asking the dealer to make it good somehow. Product, money, service, discounts...whatever. And if it were me and the dealer kept asking me (which they are prone to do) "what do you think would be fair...?" I'd keep pushing it back at them. "I'm not the one who promised something and didn't deliver. I wrote the check as promised. You fell short on what I was to get for that money...back to you...what do you propose to make this right...?"

And an answer of "nothing" is not an option. I might even get their name in this thread and send them a link. But that's just me. YMMV. Calm and decisive negotiation where my standards are obvious to the dealer and non-negotiable. 

Back