I Have No Idea !

Just got back from my delivery ,spotless.Warranty and insurance work were done flawlessly .

Last edited by a moderator:
It was clean completely inside and out before going into storage and being winterized

He said that having dirt blow in during storms is common due to his lot 

Said that the boat would be cleaned before delivery 

When delivered I climbed onto the trailer to look at boat and turned around to him and said the boat is filthy 

He had his entire family with him

He turned to his son he is like 14 and asked

_____________  did you vacuum and clean this BOAT ??

The kid just looked at him

I said I can't believe how dirty this is 

He said nothing 

He continued to place boat in the water 

Took my trailer to the house and left !

Like I said I would love to say

A$$hole I gave you good money to do what you said you would 

I want my money back

But then where do I go to have boat serviced

So I spent 4 hours cleaning boat 

I have two houses unable to build a storage building 

I used an upright vacuum to clean carpet scrubbed vinyl on hands and knees rear of boat

Washed all vinyl with warm water and dawn dish detergent 

Then applied 303 

BTW 

Temp was 84 

Chuck ,at least you have nice weather .Sorry to hear about the rest .

Boat looks great Jack! Super classy.

I might even get their name in this thread and send them a link. But that's just me. YMMV.
The mods appreciate your creativity, Jeff, but this site isn't the place for your strategy.

Best of luck, Pittsburg, in your quest for satisfaction. I'd have been livid.

Happy boating!

Pittsburgh......

How did your boat get so dirty over the course of winter storage? Was it dirty to begin with when you put it away? Or was it stored outside and the snow piled on it and possibly got inside or is there pollen all over it?!? That's the only thing I have to clean in the spring because the pollen gets in through the vents in the cover......
I finally got an answer to this question from an employee at the dealer

Gave dealer boat 1st of October

He was shorthanded limited employees

Was trying to winterize himself !

My boat sat in his back lot dirt no asphalt with the wind blowing the dirt into my boat 

He didn't shrink wrap till Mid November

He intended to clean it but is shorthanded again with employees and is so busy just delivered as it was 

What can I say ?

It is clean now and I am enjoying it 

Pittsburgh-Point-at-night.jpg

I finally got an answer to this question from an employee at the dealer

Gave dealer boat 1st of October

He was shorthanded limited employees

Was trying to winterize himself !

My boat sat in his back lot dirt no asphalt with the wind blowing the dirt into my boat 

He didn't shrink wrap till Mid November

He intended to clean it but is shorthanded again with employees and is so busy just delivered as it was 

What can I say ?

It is clean now and I am enjoying it 
Chuck ,is he doing anything for your troubles ?

He does not see it as a problem !

To him it is business as normal 

I spoke to another boat owner here

His response is 

"You have to do things yourself if you want them done right"

Next year shrink wrap same day and store here on my driveway.

man_head_spinning_lg_nwm.gif

Unlike last year...... 

I'm not going to stress out  :D  

"It is what it is"

If it was me, and he'd been straight up about it from the start about being shorthanded, I'd have cleaned it myself and left it as a "you owe me one".

At a marina, you'll need their help long before they'll need yours. Not a bad place to have a favor in the bank.

Pittsburgh - Sorry to hear of your continued troubles. Since I don't pay for indoor storage I just store mine in the yard. I have a guy that winterizes and shrink wraps for me and even will pick up a drop back to the house for me if needed. I guess I'm fortunate that all has always gone well.

Pittsburgh - Sorry to hear of your continued troubles. Since I don't pay for indoor storage I just store mine in the yard. I have a guy that winterizes and shrink wraps for me and even will pick up a drop back to the house for me if needed. I guess I'm fortunate that all has always gone well.
That was the situation here, he used my trailer took the pontoon and stored it on his property

The problem was apparently he left the boat on his dirt covered lot for a month and a half with no shrink wrap or cover

I just think this is what I have to deal with and to beat the horse to death like last year is an exercise in futility.

Focusing on the perfect weather temps near 90 low humidity is the priority now 

Boating Season is Here :)

july%20cartoon_large.jpg

I'm so thankful for our dealer. Could have got the boat cheaper elsewhere but just had a great vibe from Spend a Day. Even better that they are on the lake.

I feel for you. My camper cover tore this winter and I didn't know as we stay at a gated community year around. My entire body hurts from cleaning the outside and I only got half done.

Mother Nature and our toys do not play well.

Like Real Estate 

Owning A Boat Is About 3 Things 

LOCATION, LOCATION, and  LOCATION

I do not mean living Lake Front which I do 

I mean living where there is a multitude of Boat Dealers 

Only then do you have a fighting chance (lol)

6Xcfxrob6HdazmxGwIEk-lv-OIVsaW8cf4Z4ofVbgQq2SC0GZDaHnqDgVSIIxMKOS13sKBWuugyGP56IYBXPQnXV_5ETVtT7SejMbdv6H03cCIzadM5gObFWoYK7QJxGIokChq4XXp16Y_ueXdzbP__g0UKElV4zHEBeD-PWu2sV45rh4QFHxbLcLCmt7r8xyJQGEHCp2A3jMhuU2EdzPMj2Ud4iwuJWPdB-kghWFYKbGpQ7sNCfB6hRJ26nZ0dvK9bka4khk3HAPKUnsOjSmj_K3HTqxIQUiwFr3NhagU1ofLQxNbebvRB2MeKZUxLH6yofq9GYx4PN2FY6uR8d10EpAkxoLPlGdtukdWmVZ4lbFXzj5PEH9um_ZOU2CAL-3hfUyvqXWVfmQPQPg50F96Y5EpKOmEy-X_j70xQcJxDMiR7jH5V2BPTduF9V0_PBQpv8ZlZ5cGWAETnry1DHyGydILu0SxVI-WqzMm9qTcmFNk7_jp-M7tJ4nURYfy6FJXWkCXlV_nGa4-s5_IpUoRJIilzkrfiRtZoKh5c3E3HlgPRKGFqDtlzLHgJFq6eydNBH8QoJ9rvFt0ov_spm5DKeVFq9_7uIZVF9kaZ0pDbfytUhF0SE=w1059-h794-no

I feel your pain, Pittsburgh. To avoid the trouble with the one dealer in my area, I just do everything I possibly can myself. No disappointment that way. Hell, I'm even doing my own 100 hour service and oil change this weekend. I've never even changed my own oil in a car! 
If you can use a open end wrench, changing oil and lower unit grease is a snap. 

Just remember to lift the engine very high for 30 seconds or so, and then drop it all the way down--level to the ground.  And drain all oil into a clean open top drain pan so you can look for water contamination or excessive metal shavings.

If you can use a open end wrench, changing oil and lower unit grease is a snap. 

Just remember to lift the engine very high for 30 seconds or so, and then drop it all the way down--level to the ground.  And drain all oil into a clean open top drain pan so you can look for water contamination or excessive metal shavings.
I actually did it today! Once I had all the right tools on hand, it was really easy. The worst part was getting to the oil filter on my F200XA. It's in a tough spot. Regardless, now that I've done it, I can't imagine paying the dealer $400 for that. I didn't do the lift high then drop down trick though. I'll remember that for next time. 

Yes, it looks like I'm doing this in the flower beds. My RV pad isn't quite long enough for the boat! (yet)

IMG_2246.JPG

Run your motor through the up/down cycle, and recheck your oil level.  The point of the up/down is to make sure all the oil makes it down to the sump before you drain it.  If you didn't, then you may have over-filled it since it didn't fully drain.

I doubt that would be the case though, as I'm sure this type of thing would be factored into the design, but its probably worth a quick check.

Back