I want to use the Live Well Switch

Spoiledrotten

Reaction score
I would like to connect some aux LED lighting to the Live Well switch since I won't be using that option on my boat. Where is the end of the wiring for that switch. I'm guessing they may have already run the wires to where the LW would be located, but I don't know where that would be. Please advise?

Thanks,

Randy

Year and model of your boat?

Or go to the build a boat on the Bennington website and look for it there?

I used mine for a depth finder, and there was nothing attatched to the switch under the helm, but it did have power to it, so it was an easy plug in and go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about that. It's 2 weeks old...  2015 SX 20

Hmmmm, i don't see a 20 SX, there is a SLX and a SFX, so i will assume you have the SLX as the SFX would be the fishing model and have live wells.

So looking at the difference between the two, i would think if there where connectors, they would be center rear just before the transom, and left front corner.

Are you saying you have a live well and not going to use it, or just saying you have a switch marked live well?

I've got a switch that is wired, but no live well. Mine is not the fishing model. It's has bench seats all the way around the playpen. Since it has the wires running somewhere, I figured they had the wiring run to where ever the live well would be installed if the customer wanted one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was the same way.  I just unhoked the wire and hooked up my lights to the spade connector on the switch.  Very easy to do.

Thanks for the input, guys.

Hey princefan, if you hooked up LEDs under your boat, did you just tie straight in to the 12 volt system, or did you put in amplifiers, and all of that stuff that I've been reading about others' DYI projects. On my Jeep, I hooked from 12v,, through a switch, and straight to the LED pods.

I had some electronics wired by the dealer! He unscrewed the panel from the dash, and used a female spade connector that was like a y connector. It plugged back on then had a additional male spade to it. Then he connected my gps to a female spade & plugged that in. Sorry i cannot get a pic. My boat is not near!

I did the same thing. Ran all the new wiring for my LED lights into the helm and wired directly to the Livewell switch. I really want to get a new switch that has a better label.

Brian

I finally got my new toon lights installed as well as my second battery. Hooked up to the live well switch and works just right. That's for the help.

Where's the pics?     :rolleyes:

The pics are coming. I wanted to get the pics of it on the water. I'm hoping they look as good as I'm expecting, but we'll see.

This doesn't do it service since it's not dark enough to get the full affect.

Here's one from our 70 mile river run on Wednesday.

Confusing running with red lights on the starbord side... Eventhough I had the lights, the more boats I see with light strips on the sides and in the stern the more I understand why the USCG does not like them.

Still looks cool!

I don't use them while in motion so even if the law doesn't like them, there shouldn't be a problem with mine. 

I had to change the location of the hook up from the live well switch to the acc switch. The live well breaker kept tripping if I tried to move with the lights on. I haven't had a problem at all with them on the ACC switch. Maybe that live well breaker is very small or very weak. Anyway, I won't be using it again. It's going to get a free ride. 

I don't use them while in motion so even if the law doesn't like them, there shouldn't be a problem with mine. 
 I always have my lights on for night cruises and have never been stopped.  In 2012 I think I may have been the only one with side illumination but now they are a dime a dozen and still haven't heard of anyone pulled over for the lights

Back