I want to use the Live Well Switch

Mine will be used now that they will stay on under way!   :)

Mine will be used now that they will stay on under way!   :)
I think you have another problem with that switch or wiring. It shouldn' t make a difference if you're moving or not. Just my $.02

It's a standalone switch that was labeled for the live well. I'll never have a live well, so I just won't use that switch. If I need another switch one day, and run out of extras currently on the board, I'll just replace it. I'm not about to put that boat in the shop for a few weeks (and that's most like how long it would take) over a single switch while summer wastes away.

I love the LED's you installed!!! I have them in my Bimini but not on the toons. Where did you get the LED's from and were they manufactured specifically for the toons?

Tony1 many on here have done their own side light illumination, use the search engine and you will find some detailed information. 

Or if you are like me and are not very handy contact tour Bennington Dealer and they can do it for you

Thanks. I will poke around the site for more info. I'm not very happy with my Bennington dealer so this one I will tackle. It gets tricky because I do not own a trailer and the boat is in my slip at a marina by my cabin. That makes these type of projects a bit more difficult. Still considering a trailer, we will see how our first year goes renting one for taking the boat out for winter storage. I don't like being under a time constraint of an hourly trailer rental.

It's a standalone switch that was labeled for the live well. I'll never have a live well, so I just won't use that switch. If I need another switch one day, and run out of extras currently on the board, I'll just replace it. I'm not about to put that boat in the shop for a few weeks (and that's most like how long it would take) over a single switch while summer wastes away.
Just an FYI for future use...the live well switch is a 5 amp breaker switch and the acc. switch is more than likely a 15 amp.  Depending on the length and type of LED's you are probably pulling just over the 5 amp capacity of the breaker. 

I know you have it resolved but thought you might like to know.

Thanks. I will poke around the site for more info. I'm not very happy with my Bennington dealer so this one I will tackle. It gets tricky because I do not own a trailer and the boat is in my slip at a marina by my cabin. That makes these type of projects a bit more difficult. Still considering a trailer, we will see how our first year goes renting one for taking the boat out for winter storage. I don't like being under a time constraint of an hourly trailer rental.
Tony,

I purchased the EZACDC IP68 under deck LEDs.  They came with everything but the screws and spade connectors for the switch.  I haven't installed them yet but I did power them up.  At this time I am planning to use a 5 amp switch.  I calculated my load to be 5.3 amps however.  I will do the same and connect to the acc. switch if absolutely necessary.  It looks to be a very simple install.  I rate it a 1 out of 5 if that helps.  I also plan to look for the factory connections at the bow in lieu of fishing the wire that came in the kit.  If found I will splice and waterproof.  From what I understand Bennington uses a standard wiring harness and I would just have to connect at the switch. We will see.

Last edited by a moderator:
MH663

Thank you for the information! It sounds like an easy install. I should look into the parts so I can work on it while it is out of the water for the season. I have not even searched them out yet, where did you get them from?

Thank you!

@ Tony

Ordered from ezacdc.com. Kit looks simple to install and has 99% of the parts you need. I also checked out a factory install and the lights do in fact shine inwards and not down.

They are mounted on the inside lip of the side rail. Basically just below the rub rail but on the inside of course. It was attached to an acc. switch.  The lights come with double sided tape and plastic strips with double sided tape as well.  Mount the strips and the press the LED's in just like the factory install.  I will find out for sure once the boat arrives but the factory connection was made at the bow.  Any of the LED strip that was left over from being too long was coiled and tie wrapped up in the stern.

That  should do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
MH663,

That is great info! Thank you for the tips and the info on the place you bought the Led's from. The tough part is my boat is at my cabin 3 hours away, so i just cant go out and play or tinker with it. If thats the worse problem I have, ill take it! ;)

Thanks again!

Tony

Back