If you can't laugh at yourself.................

Cordless power washer ,water source is your lake
61icFuBvSDL._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Worx-Cordles...ons&keywords=worx+power+washer+cordless&psc=1

Gulls are rats with wings.

Thanks for the idea. Do you think it will have enough pressure to clean off dried on bird droppings? I did buy one of these when we first got the boat, so I certainly can give it a try. I’ll see how it does Labor Day weekend.

I don’t think it will “pressure” wash it clean, but probably strong enough to knock off heavier clumps. Seagull liquid gets into the fibers so you almost have to scrub it to get it clean. Even after that you might still see discoloring.

Our canopy is a thick 20 oz vinyl type covering. I am hopeful that is helping to keep the bird droppings “on top” of the material, and not allowing as much penetration into it.

Jeff I used dawn soap and a soft brush when we cleaned ours

I’ve got a solution (for next year). Visibly fine, and works. Go Green!!!

Hi fello Spartan. Go White! :)

Yup, hoist with a huge 20 oz vinyl canopy cover. What’s your idea. I’m collecting them with an eye towards next year.

Took me until today to be able to take pics. 4 poles in the corners with 30 lb fishing line between all of them. I use the clear line and it’s invisible from any distance, so not an eye sore. Last pic is under canopy to see the bends. 8 foot conduit (or 10 foot cut (or not)), 2 clamps per rod, I used eye bolts on each pole on this one, or can just tape the line (which I did with the other hoist) but with eye bolts you don’t necessarily have to go to every corner on a ladder when installling, and someone to bend the rods. Works great. I’ve had this on another hoist for 5 years now, and others around here are going on 15. There are sets out there like this that use magnets through the canopy cover, but with winds and all I figure that would wear out the canopy in those spots. I like nothing touching the canopy. About $40 total (the clamps are the most expensive part). 8EA12B09-D18C-4110-A787-D430F059702E.jpeg DC77E3E1-24CC-43E8-BEF2-06D5E2040788.jpegBF51F6C3-4391-4F2C-827D-E38012670571.jpeg

I really like this idea. Are the bent poles something you had done, or something someone up by Burt Lake does? I’m not a competent “do it yourself” person with things like that, but would otherwise certainly be interested in trying a set up like that. Thanks for posting the pictures and giving me an idea for a possible solution.

I believe that's electrical conduit and bent with a tubing bender.

Just following up on this - my $10 solution was some parachute chord and reflective strips tied up and down the chord with the chord spanning from front and back of boat wrapped around the closed bimini cover. Cover has stayed clean ever since and not sure if this is coincidental but no cob webs or spiders either.

Back