I'm going to crazy

Hang on! It'll be here before you know it!!!!!!!

This is my second Bennigton to order in 2 years. The first one in 2013 and now this one. I thought I would be more patience this time but Noooooo I am going nuts waiting. You would think the older you get the more patience you would have but Noooooo. Dose everyone fill the same way
Yes . I for one do . This is my second in less than 10 months .The new one is at the dealer and  still has the factory wrap on it because of the weather .

Last edited by a moderator:
Same as Jack. Second order within a year and it has been at the dealer since December. It has been a lllllllooooooooonnnnnnnggggggg winter.

Not enough power. Our first boat was a two toon with lifting strakes. Max hp for that boat was 115. We were not happy with how fast the speed dropped by just adding two extra adults. Once we water tested the tri toon with more power we were sold.

I'm curious. What did you learn buying the first boat that required replacing it so soon?
First off , last year was our first year of boating and we didn't know if we would enjoy it .

Turns out we did .Jokingly I showed my wife a pic with 2 rear loungers . She then says " lets get it "

We go to the dealer looking for a G .. Turns out the way we wanted the G wasn't all that much more for an R ( options we wanted on the G were  standard on the R ) 

We get that  price, then the dealer  offers me only $2500 ,less on  my trade ( 2013 - 22  SLX ) than what we paid .

All that said as good as Bennington is there is room for a lot of improvement on their build site ,starting with accurate pics .

All that said as good as Bennington is there is room for a lot of improvement on their build site ,starting with accurate pics .
Yes, it is always a little more work when they roll out the new season build a boat. Keep in mind that the build a boat is an amazing tool, but they still want you to talk to a dealer and hopefully they can have a little more insight based on what they saw at the Bennington show. All that being said, there build a boat site is still WAY better than any other out there!! So kudos to them for that!! I can't imagine the logistics nightmare it must be trying to get it all together!! "if this model picked, then this is the base price, then this comes standard, this is an option, but it's not an option if you chose this, and if you choose this, then you have to have this" when as a manufacturer you offer THIS many configurations to try to make everyone happy, there are bound to be some small issues. It is phenomenal how many different setups they offer.

I can understand no pic's for some of the options ,others are important to decide what you would like to order .

As in my case they could have had one of those camera icons so you can see the difference between a Tower ,,Arch ,Hybrid Arch and now there are Bimini options.

If it weren't ,for this forum I would not have known what mine would like like until I received my pics ,and I still ordered before I even saw any pics of a Sport Arch .

Congrats on your purchase Ecoman.  We just ordered our boat too.  Interestingly, it almost doesn't feel like we bought a boat.  We put down a deposit, but we don't have anything to show for it.  Also, there is still ice on the water here, so tames our anxiousness a bit.

Congrats on your purchase Ecoman.  We just ordered our boat too.  Interestingly, it almost doesn't feel like we bought a boat.  We put down a deposit, but we don't have anything to show for it.  Also, there is still ice on the water here, so tames our anxiousness a bit.
So did you end up going South or North of Madison for your SLX? Did they give you a sense of how long it will be before it's delivered. Mine s sitting at Don's and the only thing keeping me from going up to have the get it ready are incomplete tax returns and a bunch of ice which remains. :)

So did you end up going South or North of Madison for your SLX? Did they give you a sense of how long it will be before it's delivered. Mine s sitting at Don's and the only thing keeping me from going up to have the get it ready are incomplete tax returns and a bunch of ice which remains. :)
Hey halveb,

I ended up going South of Madison.  Pricing was similar and they are closer to where I'll be slipping my boat.  I've been hearing 6-8 weeks from most people I talked to.  They said I would likely get a build date in the next couple of weeks or so.  Crossing our fingers that it gets here before Memorial Day.  That would be such a bummer to miss the big weekend, but it's our fault for waiting until the last minute.  In the mean time, I have a lot more stuff to figure out (dock lines, PFDs, anchor, prop size, etc, etc).  Much more reading in my future.

Congrats. Purchased my first hope it will satisfy for quite a while lol

I'm curious. What did you learn buying the first boat that required replacing it so soon?
This is also my second one in 11 months. For me it was maybe a lack of information on my first one and unfortunately I did not join the forum until after my order was in. I have been boating for along time but it was my first experience with a pontoon. There were things I thought I would not or did not need, but was wrong or maybe misinformed on, so lets just say I was not 100% satisfied with, don't get me wrong the one I have now is a great boat, and would probably suit 99.9% of people just fine, but I figured if I am going to pay that much I might as well pay a little more and to get everything I want and also everything that I feel will fit my needs now that I have some experience under my belt, this time around. The major things were lack of power and performance.

I can understand no pic's for some of the options ,others are important to decide what you would like to order .

As in my case they could have had one of those camera icons so you can see the difference between a Tower ,,Arch ,Hybrid Arch and now there are Bimini options.

If it weren't ,for this forum I would not have known what mine would like like until I received my pics ,and I still ordered before I even saw any pics of a Sport Arch .
I also agree with Jack on this, This time I ordered a boat that is not on the build site (May be a dealer thing not sure) and also ordered options that I have not found on the build site but seen them on other boats and that is how I found out about them. so how do you know there even available or even exist if there not there and or no picture of them.

That is why the idea BOAT UPGRADES portion of the forum brought up by Kaydano is a great idea.

Oh and congrats on all the new boats above  :)

First off , last year was our first year of boating and we didn't know if we would enjoy it .

Turns out we did .Jokingly I showed my wife a pic with 2 rear loungers . She then says " lets get it "

We go to the dealer looking for a G .. Turns out the way we wanted the G wasn't all that much more for an R ( options we wanted on the G were standard on the R )

We get that price, then the dealer offers me only $2500 ,less on my trade ( 2013 - 22 SLX ) than what we paid .

I will probably be trading in for the same reasons, new to boating and didn't quite get what I wanted.  However rather than doing it right away I have decided to wait a few years to upgrade.  When I see the changes that were made not over a 1 year but rather looking at comparing a 2009 to a 2014.  I realize that since I am really am pretty happy with what I have now I think I will wait till I am not so happy with the current boat and do it then

Mine should be here in a week is what I hear, but the same thing happened to me. The dealer had me set up with a 2350GBR and after becoming obsessed with the Bennington brochure and researching the net, I wanted the R series because a lot of upgrades are standard with an R and I really liked the next generation helm. From there I learned that I needed to become the dealer. When you sit in the office and build one, the dealer recommended things but could have spent some more time explaining. All you see is the price go up when you build, but I found that almost every upgrade available is worth it (about two weeks after you've created a build). Bennington makes a quality product and I can see how you can easily moderate your final product, then regret it because better is available. I'm comfortable with my build but I think I drove my dealer nuts with last minute add ons. I've got about everything an R series offers except the side illumination. I'm even installing a power pole and having a custom full camper installed. All in all - it took a lot of time to get this right and I'm hoping it blows my mind next week! I'm betting it will. I'll post pics when I see her.

I will probably be trading in for the same reasons, new to boating and didn't quite get what I wanted.  However rather than doing it right away I have decided to wait a few years to upgrade.  When I see the changes that were made not over a 1 year but rather looking at comparing a 2009 to a 2014.  I realize that since I am really am pretty happy with what I have now I think I will wait till I am not so happy with the current boat and do it then
That was our plan, wait  until 2015 .Then I showed my wife those pictures . :D

Back