Installing Carpet.

Bugsbunnyboater

Reaction score
Has anybody installed carpet in their bennington with out removing the funiture. 

My Bennington run great , seats ok floors Rock solid but the  carpet looks Yuck.  I am in a wet slip with out trailer.

So I am thinking of putting new carpet down the easy way lol. 

I have not done it. But many on here have removable carpet with snaps. 

Carpet is the worst flooring option of all. And all boats have finish flooring under seats and furniture.

id start by pressure washing and soaking it down with Wet and Forget. If that doesn't work you will have to pull the boat, dry store it and remove everything on the deck. I'd go back with vinyl. You can't take out the furniture with out access to the underside of the deck.

Although if I ever order a new boat I would go with seagrass but I have to admit I really don't mind the carpet, in fact I like it. 

I like the design on mine, it has hardly shown any wear, virtually unstainable [spilled Mich Ultra doesn't leave a mark], soft on feet, doesn't show the sand.

I would think a good carpet man might be able to cut the old to the furniture edge and then install new.  Contact a reputable carpet store and see what they have to say 

Last edited by a moderator:
virtually unstainable [spilled Mich Ultra doesn't leave a mark],

I'm thinking this does not happen often. I can't imagine you losing perfectly good beer .....  :D

I agree with Link, A good carpet installer should have no problem installing around the furniture and leave you with a professional carpet job.

I like my carpet.  Other surfaces get extremely hot in the sun, Carpet takes a little more to care for, but in the end I would replace mine with more carpet.

Roy

IF we ever get another boat we will probably go with seagrass or faux teak. But for now I'm satisfied with the performance of the carpet in our boat. It's 12 years old and still looks good. I'll give it a good vacuuming and cleaning at the end of season. I am going to treat it with 303 water proofing like JackM does so it will be easier to keep clean and the water will run right off when wet.......

Back