Insurance Recommendation

I got my quote from Boatus ,I was not happy .

Called my current policy holder got a quote on the new boat . Doubled my liability ( including spill coverage ) to two million .It went up less than $60 with zero deductible .I have a separate rider for the Lily Pad and Mooring cover also .

So not happy with present carrier or BoatUS ???

Did you check Amazon? :D

Jack - You got my attention...  Care to share the carrier you are so happy with?

It's not just the policy and its price, it's about the follow-thru after a claim.  Never heard anything bad about BoatUS in a loss claim...

Coverage and price is one thing.  Having to take an insurance carrier to court to get them to pay is another.  Major hail went through our area a few years ago.  Everything was trashed.  Houses, roofs, siding, cars.  Car lots all over had all their cars trashed.  It was a no brainer.  CAT teams from the major insurance companies had all the hotels full.  Everyone on my street got new siding and roofs, except one major carrier that was flat out denying all claims.  Dirty pool.  It was criminal if you ask me.  My friend down the street, who I've been playing cards with every other Thursday for almost 20 years, was denied.  His house was just as bad as mine and everyone else's, but they denied him.  Told him to find someone else to insure his house (basically).  No matter how cheap the rate, I will never buy insurance from that company. 

And that company is............................................................?

Everything we have ever owned or needed insurance on since we got married in 1984 has been with........ Erie Insurance group.

I use Auto Owners .House,Car,Boat and Umbrella . Main office is in Lansing Mi .I have a local rep about 8 miles from me 

I have both my boats with Progressive. Replacement coverage, upped the personal effects, $276 pontoon, another $125 for the bass boat. All my insurance is thru a local independent agent.

I had the chance to spend some time with my State Farm agent today as I quoted and insured the new boat (arrived today, inspection and finish the deal next week).

Anyway, he called the company support line to relay my specific questions about spill fines and clean-up coverage. Their answer was that it was handled under the Liability coverage in the policy. No issues, just had to decide on how much liability I wanted to pay for.

Full 365 day policy for purchased cost, a million dollar liability and a $500 deductible came to $370. I was not unhappy with that and had them fax a binder to my bank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a good deal Chris Z, I also have State Farm for the boat and mine is $404 a year. This is with a $250 deductible but I'm sure my S is a good bit cheaper than your G. I got a quote from BoatUS for $421 so I'm happy with the State Farm price. I also have the million dollar liability, I didn't ask for a liability upgrade but that's what my agent put into my insurance.

I was pleasantly surprised by Nationwide today

After hearing that I needed to have insurance before taking possession of my boat , I called my carrier

Due to the multiple policies I have with them and size of engine T60 policy is 168.00 / yr

Included 300,000.00 Liability Loss Etc 

Same coverage as auto

Deductible only 250.00

I was happy with the coverage and cost

100129834.jpg

Above you can see one of my toys at city home

Last edited by a moderator:
Back