Is it possible to add a third toon, lifting strakes, eliptical etc, to a 2010 24sfi?

There was a seperate thread in this forum on it that linked to another forum I think. There some actual owners described their issues with mounting it up testing, remounting, testing, remounting again...

I have kicked the idea around about adding the third toon as well but I think I will just pull a Derrick and trade my current boat in for a 2014 or 2015 with the additional options included.

There was a seperate thread in this forum on it that linked to another forum I think. There some actual owners described their issues with mounting it up testing, remounting, testing, remounting again...

I have kicked the idea around about adding the third toon as well but I think I will just pull a Derrick and trade my current boat in for a 2014 or 2015 with the additional options included.
If you'd gone with a 115 hp motor, you'd be warranted to add an Express center tube. It's not that bad of a job since you're not fooling with the fuel tanks or electricals. But with 50 hp, be looking for someone to retail the boat to. Then buy the tritoon with more power.

Careful, it's addictive!! I think this next one will have to last me until I have a big garage at my parents cottage to keep it at. I must say, I'm sick of people saying, "why don't you just leave it up there all summer, it sits outside in your driveway" so then I have to tell them that there is no way I'm leaving a boat with that much stuff in it, that is worth that much, just sitting around with no one around! Drives my wife nuts! I don't trust anyone when it comes to my stuff!! Guess it's how/where I grew up, if it wasn't locked, it was gone! Maybe that seems dumb, I know a lot of you have boats at docks and marinas, but I don't know, it seems too easy for someone to climb under the playpen cover, pull out all my stereo stuff and be gone! Or have to worry about raccoons and squirrels and stuff getting in. Wow, way off topic. Sorry.

Same here, I have been battling with my HOA to have a bylaw change put into place so that boats can be parked in our driveways during the summer and then stored over the winter. Presently I have to store mine at a storage place during the week and pick it up to take out on the weekends. Sucks, I worry about it all week even though the storage place is fenced with a keypad gate, anyone could just climb over and steal my stuff. So now I try to keep everything off the boat that is of any value to me which means having to reload it each weekend. ARGH! :(

Hmmmm??? As much of your boat is Aluminum ( A very good conductor of electricity) Just run some bare wires from 220V outlet to your boat.. That should keep the curious away! :D

We read of all the guys putting mega $ into their sound systems, speakers and sub woofers. My first thought is do they keep these boats in locked garages at all times? They do make marine alarm systems that would be of use--if anyone was around to hear the alarms.

I was mad last week when my daughter got a warning ticket on our Waverunner for not having a fire extinguisher. Somebody stole my fire extinguisher and I had to buy another.

I really think if criminals are caught doing things like petty theft (stealing a fire extinguisher) , breaking their femur with a 34" easton baseball bat and leaving them by the curb is a much better deterent than 30, 60, 90 days in county jail?? But that's just me. :D Cheaper for taxpayers too. It cost a lot to house, feed, clothe and medicate a dirtbag each day. Not to mention you have to pay corrections officers to watch them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I definately agree.

44 magnum also does a nice job .

A lot of the new stereos have a removable face plate . Mine does and the dealer didn't even know it .

I have a duffle bag I take all of the small electronics that are removable with me .

Wasn't it in the old days,somewhere, if you got caught stealing they'd cut off your hand, get caught again, they cut off the other, get caught sexually assaulting........well you see where this was going! Bring back the old days! (When a hamburger cost a nickel, and a new Buick was $1300 hey Carl.!!!! :lol: )

Holy hijack, Batman.

Please try to stay on topic, fellahs!

Sorry, guess everyone figured the original question had been answered fully and completely. (woohoo Tragically Hip!!)

I am very interested in this as well. I was impressed with the increase in fuel mileage, speed, and handling. I ordered my boat with the wave shield, so when it comes in, I will only have to install the water glide itself. that's probably the easy part too !!! let me know if you decide on one also.

Thanks to everyone for the input. Now I have to find a Good bennington dealer to price it out.. I filled out an online "contact us" deal with a local dealer asking about things like adding a toon, regular maintenance fees, cupholders.. about a bennington aftermarket catalogue. I explained that I was in Afghanistan and would be home in September. I detailed what boat I had, what motor. Do you think I got a reply with any answers? NOPE! Just an email saying "call us at xxx-xxx-xxxx! LOL Im looking for another good bennington dealer close to Merritt Island/ Cocoa Beach Fla. Its not that easy to just CALL from Afghanistan. Any suggestions on a reputable, authorized bennington dealer.
In Metairie la they have a real good dealer can't think of the but they are real good from what I gather.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back