Is it possible to add a third toon, lifting strakes, eliptical etc, to a 2010 24sfi?

wadeslife

Reaction score
As the top title asks, what upgrades are possible performance wise on a 2010 24 sfi. Powered by a Yamaha 115 four stroke. 3 blade prop. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You can add just about any tube from Bennington except the ESP ellipitical tube which is for G-series or higher. Following is just one thread on the subject. If you enter " adding a third tube "in search box, you will find lots of thread on the subject. http://club.benningt...tube#entry23040

Last edited by a moderator:
Quickest and least expensive way to improve your ride is with an Express tube with lifting strakes (on the center tube) and a modified waveshield. Both dealer install. Add hydraulic steering too...easier steering always improves boat handling! You should gain 3-4 mph and bow lift that lets you "Cut across" rough chop, rather than plow through it. ;) TB

The Express Tube with the Wave Shield would be a good addition to your boat. It would perform well in every way with a 115 hp motor. It's not a very labor intensive installation since you won't be having to remove the engine or change up the fuel tank, electrics, etc.

Next question, anyone have a ballpark on what it would cost to add the Express tube, lifting strakes and waveshield?

That would need to be priced from your dealer. They must get price for parts from Bennington, then quote you labor cost.

Got another question.. I'm just full of them. LOL.. would adding the third tube mean a new trailer?

Don't think so, but probably need to add center support bunk.

And oh yeah, welcome to the Benni family, and PICS !!!!!!

Well, at the moment, Im having a big dirt party in AssCrackistan, (Afghanistan) I'll get some pics next time I'm stateside! Center support bunk? Do you mean a cradle for the center tube, just like the other two?

Yup, a center bunk like the outside ones. BTW, Welcome to the party and thank you for your service.

I don't think I'd worry about a center bunk with the Express Tube. We've used a std two bunk trailer under one of our tritoons since 04' w/o issue. Trailer it a lot.

Are 3 bunks a good idea? Yes, but not necessary.

With the Express Tube, you don't need trailer bunks on the middle toon. The additional tube is relatively light at about 250 lbs., and it doesn't require any support since the real weight is directly on the engine pod.

If someone adds a full length toon with the engine on the back end, it would need support if hauling very far or if on rough roads.

Thanks to everyone for the input. Now I have to find a Good bennington dealer to price it out.. I filled out an online "contact us" deal with a local dealer asking about things like adding a toon, regular maintenance fees, cupholders.. about a bennington aftermarket catalogue. I explained that I was in Afghanistan and would be home in September. I detailed what boat I had, what motor. Do you think I got a reply with any answers? NOPE! Just an email saying "call us at xxx-xxx-xxxx! LOL Im looking for another good bennington dealer close to Merritt Island/ Cocoa Beach Fla. Its not that easy to just CALL from Afghanistan. Any suggestions on a reputable, authorized bennington dealer.

I don't think there is any such thing as a Bennington aftermarket catalog. Basically just go online and look at their options. You can download or view their current brochure and it has all items in the last few pages. No prices though, you have to get that from a dealer. You can look on there site for dealers by zip code I believe. Go onto their website and shoot them an email. Explain your situation so they know why you aren't calling or popping in to see them. That's the only advise I can give you.

Wade, I have also considered all the items you are considering. With the aftermarket pricing I have seen I am probably going to just wait a few years and then trade in and order those items on the new boat. My mother in law lives in Merritt Island during the winter and lives with us during the summer. Nice area down there

Wow, that thing looks like a 14 footer! Hehe. I know I saw this on another forum a while ago, not sure what was deduced in that discussion , Carl were you a part of that one on the other forum? Or am I getting mixed up with the water diverting aluminum on the toon? I think people said it took a bit to get "dialed in" for proper placement.

From what I read on the website, They send you a form and ask you to take some measurements , water line on toons, distance between toons, Boat make, model, engine size etc.. and they send you the specs for placement. It was reviewed and found to be the real deal by Pontoon and Deckboat magazine. I was just wondering if anyone else is familiar with it? The install looks pretty straightforward and simple for anyone with mechanical aptitude.

Back