It was a beautiful evening...

WaveRunner

Reaction score
The boating here was hampered by questionable weather, but after we got back to the ramp (which is less than a mile from our house), the weather changed - as you can see...

412725586.jpg

412725583.jpg

412725584.jpg

412725587.jpg

These were culled from well over 120 photos I took during the "magic hour".  A good lens and a little help from Lightroom helps, too.  Hope you enjoy!

The boating here was hampered by questionable weather, but after we got back to the ramp (which is less than a mile from our house), the weather changed - as you can see...

These were culled from well over 120 photos I took during the "magic hour".  A good lens and a little help from Lightroom helps, too.  Hope you enjoy!

Really cool pictures ! That is what boating is all about.  Bringing you back to the beauty of nature. 

Wow!

Nice !! 

Gorgeous

OMG,Where's all the other boats and people in the pics? Just kidding! Those pics are exactly why we like evening and nights on the water. And by the way, sunrise and a fishing pole with some coffee leads to great views also! Keep the pics coming,I think everyone loves seeing the views.

Beautiful pics!

Awesome photos. Nothing beats a great sunset over the water.

OMG,Where's all the other boats and people in the pics? Just kidding! Those pics are exactly why we like evening and nights on the water. And by the way, sunrise and a fishing pole with some coffee leads to great views also! Keep the pics coming,I think everyone loves seeing the views.

I agree, and thanks to all for the nice comments!

This lake is a gem, and is RARELY crowded.  We sat there around two hours or more, and saw less than a handful of boats go by, which is around 3,000' behind the boat and toward the sunset.  This isn't unusual.  

That boat ramp is less than a mile from our house, and also rarely has more than 3-4 trailers parked there, and that's usually on a weekend afternoon.  Many's the time we've been down there and no one else is using the ramp that day.  Here's a daytime picture of the same location:

412725652.jpg

The land well in the distance is still in northern Arkansas, but is separated by the lake from the "mainland" of Arkansas and is only reachable by driving over 2 hours from our house around the eastern edge of the lake and then going well into Missouri, then coming back down into Arkansas.

I do a fair amount of night photography from this location, and at another ramp which is about 6 miles from our house, and is almost equally as unused.  Stay tuned for some of those pics.

Thanks for taking the time to view my photos!

Thanks for sharing! That's also one sweet looking Benny you have there. Just saying...

Thanks very much, Michiman.  Of course, your Benny is one awesome ride, too!

Back