It's getting close...maybe too close? Taking delivery soon.

SnakeByte

Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to go ahead start my "taking delivery" post now, even though it's not quite ready yet :)

I'm just getting too anxious, so figure I might as well get started.

The build date for my 22 SLX was May 10th, but there seems to have been some delays.  The dealer was getting the boat today, so hopefully we're getting close now.  Dealer said he would do what he could to get it done by the weekend, but from Bennington alone, he'll have 4 new boats to prep.  Who knows what else he has going on that isn't Bennington related.  I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but it's hard not to.

Would be pretty awesome if he were able to turn it around so quickly.

We have our yacht club membership completed and approved, I just leased my slip today, I have all the equipment purchased and ready, boat insurance ready to be added...now just waiting for the toon.

I'll probably try to drop by the dealer tomorrow or Thursday to see if there is any progress.

Stay tuned for pics...once I get some :)

Good Luck SnakeByte, hope you get it for Memorial Weekend.  I have become good friends with the local marina owner and his wife.  he is so stressed at this time of the year that he didn't have time to do the underdeck wave shield and the additional LED lights so we agreed to take the boat now and he is going to pull it and do the work in late June as we will be out of the country for a few weeks on vacation. 

I am sure that no dealer wants to disappoint anyone but when so much of your work all comes at the same time I am sure some will be dissapointed

Ok, I'm going to go ahead start my "taking delivery" post now, even though it's not quite ready yet :)

I'm just getting too anxious, so figure I might as well get started.

The build date for my 22 SLX was May 10th, but there seems to have been some delays.  The dealer was getting the boat today, so hopefully we're getting close now.  Dealer said he would do what he could to get it done by the weekend, but from Bennington alone, he'll have 4 new boats to prep.  Who knows what else he has going on that isn't Bennington related.  I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but it's hard not to.

Would be pretty awesome if he were able to turn it around so quickly.

We have our yacht club membership completed and approved, I just leased my slip today, I have all the equipment purchased and ready, boat insurance ready to be added...now just waiting for the toon.

I'll probably try to drop by the dealer tomorrow or Thursday to see if there is any progress.

Stay tuned for pics...once I get some :)

I am in the same situation as you.  Hoping for delivery tomorrow.  I am gonna drop by as well and check on progress.

Registered the boat yesterday.  I am good to go as soon as it arrives.

Good Luck SnakeByte, hope you get it for Memorial Weekend.  I have become good friends with the local marina owner and his wife.  he is so stressed at this time of the year that he didn't have time to do the underdeck wave shield and the additional LED lights so we agreed to take the boat now and he is going to pull it and do the work in late June as we will be out of the country for a few weeks on vacation. 

I am sure that no dealer wants to disappoint anyone but when so much of your work all comes at the same time I am sure some will be dissapointed
Thanks Link.  Yeah, I know he's swamped.  No big deal if it doesn't happen, I have landscaping to do around the house anyway, because the landscaping sure isn't going to get done once the toon gets here!  Crossing our fingers anyway!

I am in the same situation as you.  Hoping for delivery tomorrow.  I am gonna drop by as well and check on progress.

Registered the boat yesterday.  I am good to go as soon as it arrives.
Good luck Manitou!  Hopefully one of us gets ours!  Mine just got delivered yesterday to the dealer, so I'm thinking slim to none chance for me, so that means you should be good to go!

Thanks Link.  Yeah, I know he's swamped.  No big deal if it doesn't happen, I have landscaping to do around the house anyway, because the landscaping sure isn't going to get done once the toon gets here!  Crossing our fingers anyway!

Good luck Manitou!  Hopefully one of us gets ours!  Mine just got delivered yesterday to the dealer, so I'm thinking slim to none chance for me, so that means you should be good to go!
SnakeByte, confirmed delivery of mine tomorrow, late afternoon!!!!!

So I was able to drop by the dealer today on the way home from work...the Bennington arrived yesterday and is all wrapped nice and cozy.  Spoke to the dealer briefly and all the paperwork is ready, the work order is in the pile for the service people, so we'll see when I get it.  Given the late arrival, I'm not too confident I'll see it this weekend, but that's ok.  There are still 125 days of Spring and Summer left for boating in Wisconsin, so no hurries!  Oh wait...ok, who's counting anyway.  

Here are some pics...she's a beauty isn't she!

med_gallery_5614_587_399345.jpg

med_gallery_5614_587_15332.jpg

med_gallery_5614_587_544722.jpg

med_gallery_5614_587_387428.jpg

So I was able to drop by the dealer today on the way home from work...the Bennington arrived yesterday and is all wrapped nice and cozy.  Spoke to the dealer briefly and all the paperwork is ready, the work order is in the pile for the service people, so we'll see when I get it.  Given the late arrival, I'm not too confident I'll see it this weekend, but that's ok.  There are still 125 days of Spring and Summer left for boating in Wisconsin, so no hurries!  Oh wait...ok, who's counting anyway.  

Here are some pics...she's a beauty isn't she!

med_gallery_5614_587_399345.jpg

med_gallery_5614_587_15332.jpg

med_gallery_5614_587_544722.jpg

med_gallery_5614_587_387428.jpg
She is a beauty!!  

Congrats Snake. I'm waiting on a very similar configuration. I was told the build was delayed due to vinyl backorder. Patiently waiting. Sorta.

Congrats Snake. I'm waiting on a very similar configuration. I was told the build was delayed due to vinyl backorder. Patiently waiting. Sorta.
Thanks BK.  Good luck and here's to a speedy delivery!  A little warning for you, you will get more anxious as the days go...I'm bouncing off the wall anxiously waiting.

I told my wife one too many times that "I'm anxious!"  She's anxious too, but I think I have her beat.

Lookin good!

Back