Just did walk thru

Awesome boat! I really like the looks of the sprot tower with the forward bimini top - very cool looking!

Jack

Geewest they will not let you add the forward bimni top. I have the tower, but was wanting to add the forward bimni top and Bennington told me I couldn't because of warranty concerns. Thay said maybe later after they had time to look in to it.

So adding a factory Bennington bimini to your boat would some how would mess up the frame rail and cause a warrany Issue. That dosen't sound right. Unless Bennington adds in extra strength to the rails into boats that order a front bimini, That's the only logcal thing I can think of? I personally don't know how people can survive OR would order a boat with out a front bimini. Im a sun lover but come on. By mid summer Our biminis are pretty much up all the time.

Geewest - I was told by TB and by my dealer that a front bimini could not be added to my QCW 2575 (no sport tower) and so I have no option for the extra shade.

Jack

When I ordered the boat in Nov the front bimni wasn't offered. It didn't become an option until Jan and dealer didn't know it was an option until after my boat was built first week of March. Bennington Rep said they added it later because that was people's biggest concern on the sport tower boats at the boat shows. Looking at the pictures I think it could be added,but need Bennington's blessing.I know my dealer has added it to non sport tower R's and Q's with no problems.

Nice boat!!!!

Jack; you have a Outboard QCW correct. I was told the outboard versions have a smaller interior footprint and that bennington would then have to custom make a front Bimini for Q's with outboard. In trying to standardize and not have and stock more parts then they need they decided not to do a front Bimini on the O/B Qs

Geewest, thanks for the reply and yes mine is the outboard QCW and what you say goes along with what I was told also. I wish it was an option!

Jack

Jack, I put the electric Bimini on mine so in the late afternoon I have the rear of the boat pointed toward the setting sun. You can tilt the top back and shade the whole boat this way. Also look in my gallery at my market umbrella. Might be to tacky for you but it was installed properly using s.s. electrical straps. The tilt adjustment is handy also. Steve

Went back to dealer today, and really took my time, ( had my 4 yr old last time)... the 8.2 ho.. looks mean, as it should, the engine platform is aprox 3" higher due the the bigger motor, so when returning from the swim deck.. you better duck or you will smack the tower, and i'm only 5"8, the 8.2 came with the smartcraft gauges, the teague silient exhaust looks pretty cool, with a switch on the dash, they installed a hose down system for me, that picks up fresh water from the lake, They changed the latter, bigger treads and bars, they ordered the wide pass seat, and said it will be in within the week, Any one that has the Q with the tower... Where did you put the table???? We are mounting ours right in front of the ski locker in front, Mounted BBQ in rear pass side.. boat looks awesome, took some pics but was in the stall so they didn't come out that good.. will post pics when i take delivery...

Fattee; thanks for the explanation on the Q. I always wonderd what they were talking about when you selected the larger motor on the build a boat for the Larger motor is says somthing like"requires drawings" for the larger motor. Untill now I never understood that.

I like the Idea of the lake water pick up on your boat to supply water for the wash down.

My Q has a tank for the water for the wash down. It would be nice to have a switch to choose lake water for wash down and then tank water for a cleaner source. Among the other pictures that we are all wanting you to post be sure to post pic's of ur was down pick up

Jack; I'm sure you could get a factory Bimini and make it work.

I'm sure the material on the bimini is just a going to need to be made a bit shorter and you could

Mount the Bimini frame and then have a local upholstery shop shorten the Bimini and reposition and add the zippers to both biminis to make it work. I guess it all depends on how willing you are to do a little oversight.

Here in California we have company's that could re make the entire Bimini no problem so simpley modifying a factory Bimini shouldn't be that big of a deal

I never used the table on my last Q, so wasn't to worried when the sport tower boats didn't come with a table. I have the cofee table that can be removed. On the non towered boats the table mounted about where the bucket seat is on the tower boats.

Geewest.. where do you boat at? What kind of speeds are you getting with your 350 ?? My last boat was a 25 permier upgraded to the 377 mag.. what a joke.. would only get 45... and the 350 we test drove got 45... $$$$$ for nothing... hopeing the 8.2 HO will get up and move.. Was at the dealer the other day, and they were asking where i wanted the fresh water tank mounted ( where is yours) and i opted to delete and just go with the lake water.. tank was soo small, didn't want to always be filling up when i wanted to wash down..

Nice boat!

....That's demonstrates the excitement and annoyance of this forum...I want your boat now!
+1 on what skipperbill said.

That's freakin way cool junior!

My tank is under the passenger side chase. But I guess ur boat is not going to have that. So mabey that's partly why you didn't opt to get it. I like it for personal use like showering off and brushing your teeth when camping its nice to have fresh water at ur finger tips. But for wash down lake water is fine.

Our 350 with Bravo 3 tops out around 44-45

I'm at lake Tulloch in California. 11 hrs from Havasu. 78 here yesterday

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae19/geewest/42992602-8DA2-49B6-9D97-1CE894C69864-2692-0000027911563C5B_zps3188aa43.jpg

wow.. that lake looks awesome.. A little low at times?? Very beautiful... we go once in a while to lake Naciminito , my wife's family lives there in paso..

Back