Just picked out a new Benny, have some questions.

jfasbender

Reaction score
Hey All,

New member, but not new to boating.  Wife and I just picked out a new Benny and want to make sure that we have all of the options that we would like.  Looking for feedback regarding our custom order and any potential suggestions from the group.  Also, based on my research of performance figures, I would expect with the SPS package and the 150 a top speed in the mid 30's.  Would this be accurate?  Thanks in advance for any feedback!

2016 21 SLX Sunset Red

Sunset Red Canvas

Sandstone Interior w/titanium diamonte accent

Graywood Trim

Platinum Seagrass

Piano Black Steering Wheel

Garmin 101

Kicker Speaker Upgrade

Pillowtop upholstry - no diamond stitching

2 portable cupholders

G-Series Helm Chair

Graywood Table

SPS Package

Stainless Docking Lights

Changing Room

Yamaha 150

J

Welcome .

Heavy Duty Rub Rail , Shark Hide ,Dual Batteries with switch .Just my opinion .others will chime in .

We are good at spending other peoples  money  :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jack,

Thanks for the feedback.  I waffled about the rub rail, the factory rail seems pretty beefy.  What is the difference?  We all know that it's going to take some abuse, so interested to hear.  As far as the batteries and switch, I'm electrically inclined and plan to add those myself.  

Thanks for the feedback.  I too like spending other peoples' money.

J

For A "List price " of $235 ,I wouldn't be with out it . I have the HD not the stainless I have some scuff marks on mine from our dock .Rather have the scuffs marks  on the rub rail instead of the anodized .Just some extra protection .

Congratulations On The New Benny 

Wishing You Years of Enjoyment 

I can't help you on the speed question 

I run a Yamaha 90hp 4 Stroke

Looking forward to seeing some pics

Which State Are You In ? 

12593676_1559865474304098_6376180587367846233_o.jpg

Just 98 Days Till Boating Season Here (lol)

107175344.jpg

Yes again on the rubrail.

Steve

After looking at the Link you provided 

And seeing Jack's Pic here 

I am going to add the heavy duty rub rail

For 226.00 it is better safe than sorry 

Needless to say I was never told it was an option when I bought Benny 

It is a no-brainer to add

Welcome jfasbender.  My friend has a 21SX with SPS and a Yamaha 150 and he did 42 when it first was in the water

We have the stainless lights and rub rail and it makes for a nice look as well as some sturdy protection against some dock rash. We tend to do quite a it of docking at our lake as ther are about 15 restaurants that you can dock up at and grab a bite to eat. For speed you can expect the upper 30's to low 40's with the sps package and the 150 on the back. When new we were just a tick below 40 but as we added all our junk to the boat it became a upper 30's boat......which is fine with us as normally it's just the 2 of us out channel cruising anyway.

DSCN42281_zpsoajtji2v.jpg

We have a 2016 21SLX. Definitly HEAVY DUTY RUB RAIL. See the signature below, and you'll see that performance wise our boat is SPS, 150 Yamaha, and our top speed, as locked in on our GPS (Garmin 54DV) is 44 mph. If you go to the Bennington site, under performance bulletins, you will see that our combination tested out at 41.4 mph.

You will love your Benny!

J, we have a 2015 21slx. We love it. We do not have the rub rail. I suppose it depends on the type of boating you do.

What did you do for steering?

Brian

Congratulations On The New Benny 

Wishing You Years of Enjoyment 

I can't help you on the speed question 

I run a Yamaha 90hp 4 Stroke

Looking forward to seeing some pics

Which State Are You In ? 

12593676_1559865474304098_6376180587367846233_o.jpg

Just 98 Days Till Boating Season Here (lol)

107175344.jpg
I'm located in Minnesota along the mighty Mississippi River.  Hoping to have her ready to go by the time the ice thaws.

J, we have a 2015 21slx. We love it. We do not have the rub rail. I suppose it depends on the type of boating you do.

What did you do for steering?

Brian
Sea Star hydraulic steering is included with the SPS package from what I know.

So, sounds like the consensus is to upgrade the rub rail.  Makes sense.  Can anyone comment on if the in floor storage, ski hoop, adjustable height helm seat or the extended aft deck is worth the money?

Our 1st Bennington was a 22 SLX ,I would have really liked an extended deck .

I would say yes on the deck .I dont have any of the others .

You ask ,and we will keep spending for you. :D

Yes on a ski/tow bar. You'll have a fast boat capable of water sports so I'm sure it will be used. In floor storage is nice but I thought it was really pricey. Also, we live on the lake so we don't need to haul everything out every time. Extended decks are nice so if the budget allows go for it. Looking forward to seeing pics of it.

Sea Star hydraulic steering is included with the SPS package from what I know.
That is what I have. I wish I had gone with the power assist. With the 150, I think it would be nice. I may look at adding it myself down the road.

We have the extended deck. Love it. Wouldn't do without it.

We do not have the in-tube storage. It was expensive in my opinion. We have plenty of storage. If we are going to ski, I bungee the skis to the towbar.

I have the G captain seat. Very nice.

Brian

Back