Kicker speaker upgrade

mad4sax

Reaction score
Quick question. When upgrading to the kicker speakers. What model are they and is it worth upgrading? Low cost to upgrade makes me wonder. Would be on a 21 SLX.

I'm not sure either and would be curious to know.  Looking at the Bennington site the SLX comes standard with "Ultimate" speakers which I've never heard of.  The upgrade cost for four Kickers was only $189 so I doubt they would be all that great.  Probably not bad but probably not great either.  I did upgrade the speakers on my new boat order from stock Kickers to the Wetsounds which I'm very familiar with.  I think for $189 I'd spend a bit more and get a bit better speaker but that's just me.  I guess it depends on how critical you are to the sound of your music.  I'm very critical and will most likely end up changing out at the least the Kicker sub when I get it.  I had about 6k in my last boat stereo in my Malibu wakeboard boat and I can see I'll be putting in some coin on the new Bennington as well.

I upgraded the stereo to Bluetooth and to kicker speakers on my current boat and my last boat, for me it was well worth it. The kickers do sound better than stock.

All personal preference. And they look better too.

I put the Kicker 6.5" and the Kicker 10" sub, tied into the amp. Night and day over the stock speakers that were in mine. I can crank the sound up, now.

I have the standard kicker speakers and stereo that came with my boat and I am actually quite happy with the quality of the sound

I added two alpine 12" subs and two alpine amps. One for the subs and one for the kicker speakers. It sounds really good now. :)

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the upgrade kickers. There is a Bennington at my marina with the stock speakers and I can tell a big differnece. They are wanting to upgrade after hearing my speakers. The bass is the big difference in what I hear. Even without the sub on the upgrade have much better base. I am pretty big into music and playing music and this is my opinion. I am sure others may have differnt opinions. There are also a lot better systems out there if you want to put the money in them. I think for the upgrade charge it is a very decent sound system. I would a least get the kicker upgrade.

If you buy the kickers yourself, they are more expensive. But the kickers I just bought have multi color led's where the stock ones from benni only light up blue. They do sound much better than stock. I think I paid $180. For 1 pair.

Back