Labor Day

Boomers dad

Reaction score
Well the last official summer holiday.

So what are your plans?

We will be having a family gathering at Truman Lake. We'll have 4 boats and 3 campers. I plan on going down Thurs night and getting a head start on the lake traffic. Around here Kansas City empties out on major holidays with everyone heading to Lake of the Ozarks. The traffic can be crazy :eek: .

Now, if only the weather cooperates :D .

Hey Boomers Dad - Thought I would throw in since no one else has added anything. We are staying local in DFW area - Saturday to Lake Grapevine and Sunday to Joe Pool Lake. The "main" event for us on Sunday is we will have eleven people on my boat (me, wife, daughter, her husband, two grandsons (with one girlfriend), and three nieces (one with boyfriend). Pontoon is rated for 13 people but this will be a first for me - suppose pulling a tube I won't get much speed! Plus, as much as I like my Magma grill, looks like I will have to cook in two sessions.

Also if I am lucky, the temperature should only be 100F!

Have fun :D

Wife and I will be campin and boatin at Lake Sakakawea in west central ND. Will be cool at night 40's -50's so there will be a lot of time arond the camp fire in the evenings as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're probably not the only ones, but we don't go Memorial day or Labor day. It just gets too crowded, boat ramp parking is a mess, campground overfull, etc. We went last weekend, practically had the place to ourselves, and we'll go next week as well. You all have fun out there!

You all got me beat.

Normally a 3 day weekend would be great, except we're going to the in-laws. That turns 3 days into eternity. That reminds me. I need to pick up more beer.

Plus, our boat is supposed to arrive next week. Double eternity.

I'd rather be working. The boat would come faster!

Have fun, be safe.

Am planning on being "knee deep in the water somewhere" at the home lake with a cool refreshing drink in hand with friends. Couldn't resist giving ZBB some props. I do enjoy a good boat song and they have a couple of good ones.

Everyone be safe this weekend.

andy

Yesterday, the lake water was smooth as glass and no one in sight. Today, the water very choppy and boats everywhere. On a normal weekend there might be five or six boats at our cove but today there were nearly 20 boats. It was still a great day.

We are having a blast at Lake Gaston NC. Pulled up to one of our usual spots, goat island and it was packed. There are 4 goats there to greet the guests. They are always anxiously awaiting the celery or whatever you bring them. Cruised around a little more and noticed some boats anchored out. Someone had a live band playing from their deck for a labor day party. Pretty cool! Sat back in the rear loungers with a cold one and just soaked it all in. Can't wait to get out there again today. We are just loving our Bennington.

Back