LED side lights

keithkz

Reaction score
Ok I know there are lots of posts on this already and I have sifted through most of them.....but some of them are a little old and I just wanted to see what brand side LED lights people are using/recommend?  I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on putting them on mine.  I'm interested in having one of the multi-color 5050 ones.  Thanks.

Superbright LEDs .com..........  tied mine into my docking lights switch and harness since I don't have that option and the wires were right there....

Which model did you end up with?

I purchased my lights from ezacdc.com

The connect right up.  The mounting is simple and the work fantastic!  Picture in gallery if you would like to take a look.

Wow thanks for the link to acdc.....that looks promising.

They are that easy.

Oh....they only have one color though....I was really wanting one of those multi-color ones that you can switch between colors.  That's a shame because it really does look like an easy as heck setup.

well dang it.  You can find R/G/B IP68 lights for sure.  Might not be as simple to install as the EZ light but doable.  I just so happen to have wanted the blue lights to match the speakers and cup holders.  Good luck and just be sure to get IP68 and not IP67.

I'm in the process of doing RGB lights also. The hard thing for me has been finding the right control for the lights. One of my requirements is that the lights will change to the beat of the music being played on the stereo. Most of the controls have issues that I don't like . So I guess I'll just pick one and go with it. Oh ya, IP68 only!

well dang it.  You can find R/G/B IP68 lights for sure.  Might not be as simple to install as the EZ light but doable.  I just so happen to have wanted the blue lights to match the speakers and cup holders.  Good luck and just be sure to get IP68 and not IP67.

I'm in the process of doing RGB lights also. The hard thing for me has been finding the right control for the lights. One of my requirements is that the lights will change to the beat of the music being played on the stereo. Most of the controls have issues that I don't like . So I guess I'll just pick one and go with it. Oh ya, IP68 only!

Let me know when you find a controller that will do that (change to the beat of the music).

blderbob go to...   theledlight.com and check this out.  It might meet your needs

RGB Audio Controller

RGB color changing lights pulse in time with music. Specifications and instruction sheets . 13 color changing options, brightness, and speed control. Supply voltage 12-24VDC - note that 5VDC and 18VDC shown on spec sheet are special order. Contact us if needed. This is the color controller to choose if you want remote dimming. It is not necessary to use the audio functions. Capacity: 144 watts 12 Amps at 12VDC; 288 watts 12 Amps at 24VDC. 3 channels, 4A max per channel. $37.00 each

Can you provide the actual link to that controller?  I'm on that website and I still can't find it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually played with a similar controller.But I like the music 2 that I found on ebay. You can also change the leds to may different colors and control the brightness. Only thing I'm not sure of yet is the different music modes that are programmed.Hopefully will have the little project done in the next couple of weekends.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               http://www.ebay.com/itm/RGB-Strip-Music-2-Touch-RF-Remote-Controller-DC12V-24V-18A-Music-Controller-/311549450205?hash=item4889cb57dd:g:C2AAAOSw~OVWxE-R                                                                                                            

Cool....let us know. 

Great topic.  Based on the prices, I'm seeing a huge difference.  Factory or quality aftermarket installers want around 1K for these lights, but I've see all over the internet prices well below $500.  What's the difference besides labor...surely labor is not that much??

1Blderbob - did you get your lights installed?  If so, what did you end up with?

I am second guessing the blue lights, as the seem to attract the bugs. We were tagged up this weekend and I had the speaker lights on. The next day I was sweeping up 5 piles like this. 

6022F948-6A86-4E1D-933C-0B6F0FDF95C3_zpsfa9vw67l.jpg

Great topic.  Based on the prices, I'm seeing a huge difference.  Factory or quality aftermarket installers want around 1K for these lights, but I've see all over the internet prices well below $500.  What's the difference besides labor...surely labor is not that much??

1Blderbob - did you get your lights installed?  If so, what did you end up with?

Sorry to say no. Check out the  Bennington weekend thread. Got into something else!

I'm having my LED lights installed on Monday.  My audio dealer recommends and uses Wet Sounds for their LED lighting.  They are a little more expensive than some of the cheaper rolls, but from I understand they are brighter and the ones I'm getting are RGB.  If the blue attracts the bugs, I will have the ability to change to a different color. :)  

https://wetsounds.com/pages/products/led-spools.html

Ok Not to sound Dumb about LED light strips.  You get a 16' blue light strip do you just hook the red to red and black to black form the battery for power?

Back