Life Jackets

They won't work for life jackets but "pool saddles" are really comfortable. Steve
The pool saddles do look like they would work great. And seems they would store pretty compactly if you had a bunch of them.

Personally, I can't bring myself to spend $30-$60 on a couple square feet of 1-inch foam... I'm sure half of you are thinking "You spent how much on a Bennington, and you're too cheap to spend $30 on pool saddle?" A friend of mine once asked me to explain why I'll pinch pennies on most things, then splurge and buy the top of the line on other things. I couldn't explain it then and I can't explain it now. I guess principal is part of it. I'll pay for quality, but knowing someone is making 99% profit on those pool saddles bugs me too much I guess.

A week ago I ordered a noodle chair off eBay for $5.99 shipped to my door. The fabric and stitching look very durable, and I will be ordering more of those.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaydano, you might shop around a little on pool saddle prices. I've had mine for six years and they are still in excellent shape. My wife told me we paid $18 apiece, $30 to 60 would cause me to look elsewhere. They will form small cracks through the cover coating after time but I got liquid electrical tape at Home Depot and painted over the cracks and it seems to be holding well. Steve

Thank you! Good to see that we have some senseable boaters with alot of good advice and ideas.Everyone is always so helpful to us new guys.

Jeff

Back