Lillipad Revo Ordered!

Yes that is my understanding too. Being in the automotive service/restoration field of high end cars powder coating stainless would concern me. Just my opinion from my experience.

Yes that is my understanding too. Being in the automotive service/restoration field of high end cars powder coating stainless would concern me. Just my opinion from my experience.
Why? My buddy has owned a powdercoat shop for 20 years. Done everything from magnesium to plastics. Any material properly prepped will be fine. Never had an issue with any coatings failing.

Stainless can definitely be power coated. We mainly do smaller components and have had mixed results over 25 years. Larger items never really an issue. Guess the handles are good size. Hope all goes well! Send pics when mounted, look forward to seeing it.

I called to order one and was told it should ship sometime in April. I asked if they charged the card before it shipped
and they said yes, in full the day you ordered.
Does anyone else have a problem with this?

I paid up front like you. You can always dispute the charge up to 6 months on most cards. A bit of a pain but my Barclay and Cap One cards have been great the few times I had to do this.

I called to order one and was told it should ship sometime in April. I asked if they charged the card before it shipped
and they said yes, in full the day you ordered.
Does anyone else have a problem with this?
Hmm, that seems to be pretty common, at least for the purchases I’ve made where the item doesn’t ship immediately. On the plus side, at least inflation won’t rob you of your purchasing power in a couple of months.

It’s not some random fly by night company. They have been providing diving boards and ladders to the oem manufacturers for a while now. If you don’t like the process. Don’t order one

Doesn’t seem out of the norm much. In recent years I’ve seen more and more of that. On the plus side, as SeaDoorxpguy above noted. Lillypad is a reputable company, making a few high quality specialized products here in the U.S. This is not a new pop-up company with an unknown history. I personally wouldn’t worry about it at all with them and their products.

I talked with Ann @ Lillipad Monday and mine will be here next week too! Now I just have to look at the underskin and see what is involved in removing and reinstalling, never look under that area yet.

Got my tracking number. Looks like it will be here next Wednesday. That's the great news.... bad news is boat has to get onto the trailer and I have to drill out stainless rivets:( to remove the underskin....That is so so fun!!

Got my tracking number. Looks like it will be here next Wednesday. That's the great news.... bad news is boat has to get onto the trailer and I have to drill out stainless rivets:( to remove the underskin....That is so so fun!!
It's not that bad, just time consuming and some interesting positions to get into. Just take your time.

not having a trailer.. or the patience to remove and reinstall the underskin has been a bit of a buzzkill for me.... so many projects that i've just decided weren't worth it, lol...

I got lots of bits and pieces but specifically what is needed to reattach the underskin was a bit elusive and several different answers in this thread and in many forums. And several options to resecure with SS self tamping screws, or tap the hole and use SS bolts. After reading everything I could find, talking with Bennington regional rep and local tech rep and getting a Bennington provided rivet the dealers get when they need to install something and underskin is only temporary attached when shipped to them, here is what I understand. I was focused on my 2019 23Q but seems to apply to many models.

The rivets are 304 SS 3/16" and grip range from Bennington is 1/2" to 3/4" most 3/4" Several people on forums seem to have used under 1/2" grip seems down to a 1/4th grip range. While it will work it leaves a lot of strength behind based on my understand and experience in automotive.

So I ordered 304 full SS 3/16" at 3/4" grip and with pneumatic rivet gun can pull even if needs 1/2" . Be really interested if any pull to 1/4" grip

Also have not drop my underskin but seems double sided tape is used on the edge for final sealing. Bennington uses Titan 1/2" inch tape. Good product but I will go 3M equivalent since that is what we use in my shop with excellent results and adhesion.

Hope this helps someone in a future project needing to remove underskin.

I will post some pics when I actually do this and let everyone know where I was wrong.

Got home from vacation yesterday and was super excited to start the install this weekend. Until I got a call from my mother in law who backed into my driveway a little too hot. The box the ladder was in was in the path a tiny bit. Looks like the box took the brunt of the damage. I’ll get it unpacked by Friday afternoon and evaluate the damage.

Attachments

• C8D32E0F-1D32-4D8B-9868-2BC17595B0D6.jpeg
    C8D32E0F-1D32-4D8B-9868-2BC17595B0D6.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 37
  • E3CBFB93-55D3-4BE2-BEC6-990A7A67D05C.jpeg
    E3CBFB93-55D3-4BE2-BEC6-990A7A67D05C.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 37
Got home from vacation yesterday and was super excited to start the install this weekend. Until I got a call from my mother in law who backed into my driveway a little too hot. The box the ladder was in was in the path a tiny bit. Looks like the box took the brunt of the damage. I’ll get it unpacked by Friday afternoon and evaluate the damage.
My mother in law would now be parking in the street and not our driveway after than little Nascar move.

Back