Lines for tubes/floats?

djplourd

Reaction score
I think I've seen some threads about this before but I can't find anything now.

We like tying floats and tubes to the boat so they don't drift to far away and we can just chill.  We've got a few double-looped lines of various sizes but I'm wondering if there's anything else out there?  I know for some we could just use the tube tow line but it seems there should be something else available.

I've thought about those bungee type docking lines but they're all short and pricey for what I'm looking for.

Any recommendations?

Buy a kavlar waterski/barefoot rope.

since it doesn't stretch, it is less likely to end up in the boat if it snaps.

I just use 1/4 inch hollow core floating plastic rope, and I singe the ends with a flame.

I also use 12' sections for mooring ropes with a loop on each end threaded inside the hollow portion.  I just loop them on my fencing or thru the cleats when tying off the boat.

Speaking of ropes, we use really heavy rope in a 55' length for towing tubes.  We had a couple of kids in the neighborhood being towed on tubes in fast, tight turns when their light ropes broke.  One girl broadsided a boathouse and is never going to be the same.  Tubing is very dangerous.

We use a couple of extra 15 and 20 ft. docking lines to tie an air chair and a floaty from going too far away.........

I kept an old faded tube tow rope that was fraying and I thought was too dangerous to pull a tube any longer and used it to tie off floats when anchored. Keeps the new tow rope from fading in the sun which weakens it.

Back