Lookie what showed up at my dealer this week!

Yup, just finished up that type of thing with my middle child. However, now he wants us to go "watch and support" him when he attempts to run his first marathon at the end of June. Nothing like blowing a weekend sitting at a finish line for four or five or who knows how many hours it takes him. I politely declined but my wife agreed. I told her I'd see her Sunday night as I was going boating. We'll see where that gets me...

It will get you on a sweet boat enjoying the water!!!! Or you can say what an old family friend did when his daughter was getting married for the umpteenth time "I'll catch the next one"

I guess we were smart. We talked our daughter into playing the piano. Lessons during the week, after school. Once a year piano recital, on a Thursday or Friday night in May. No sitting in the hot sun without a boat under the back side of your lap. She just had her final recital this last Friday night. Yep, she graduated high school, now to be heading to college to try to become a neurosurgeon. 

Congratulations dad! I bet that puts a smile on your face that will last well beyond that first semester tuition payment. 

Congratulations dad! I bet that puts a smile on your face that will last well beyond that first semester tuition payment. 

It does.... especially since she earned the kind of scholarship that will "pay her" to go to college. That's where the big smile comes in. :D

Holy Hijack, Batman! ;-)

It does.... especially since she earned the kind of scholarship that will "pay her" to go to college. That's where the big smile comes in. :D

Good for both of you! Mine is smart but a white male going to a state university. As such, I get to pay full price and then some. Oh well...

Maybe he can self identify as something/someone else? Seems to be the new thing.

:D  

Any photos from the dealer today? (Bringing this thread back on topic for you!)

:D  

Any photos from the dealer today? (Bringing this thread back on topic for you!)

I've been out of town. I'm guessing it's done (or near done). ;-)

I'd rather see a petition to 4 day workweek ..... Or maybe I should rethink going back to a 40 hour hourly worker ....  :blink:

Randy, aren't you starting to feel a little sick .... Cough...cough.... Time to name your toon Sickday. Call off and say I'm taking off using a "Sickday" .... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather see a petition to 4 day workweek ..... Or maybe I should rethink going back to a 40 hour hourly worker ....  :blink:

Randy, aren't you starting to feel a little sick .... Cough...cough.... Time to name your toon Sickday. Call off and say I'm taking off using a "Sickday" .... :D

I like "A Conference Call." My secretary would NOT be lying when she told callers, "I'm sorry, I can't connect you right now, Randy is on 'A Conference Call'!"

Congratulations Randy!

Hi Jack,

But I have to respond. In my world, we can call off "sick if needed" if work comes up that you have to do we are charged from our sick bank. If not you don't get charged. I think I should name our boat "Sick If Needed".:)))) 

I know there is a thread about naming ur boat.:)))

And graduation parties. Congrats....you passed 12th grade, now use up one of my Saturdays. :blink:

It is terrible but when it is a nice day and friends want to get together....we typically decline or see if they just want to come to our place instead. Summers are just too short in MI to spend them away from water!

Friends: Hey Dub, watcha doing this weekend?

D9: Nothing, just sitting at home.

Friends: Wanna come over and do something?

D9: Nope.

Friends: Hey Dub, watcha doing this weekend?

D9: Nothing, just sitting at home.

Friends: Wanna come over and do something?

D9: Nope.

Andy edit.

Insert after "Friends: Wanna come over and do something?"

Quickly check weather forecast on proposed date. If boat-able weather is forecasted - Reply = No

Back