Looking at a 2275 GL with a tritoon with ESP with 200 hp

sharse

Reaction score
We are looking a getting a Bennington tritoon with a 200 hp motor. We are looking at replacing our Bennington 188L and our Malibu ski boat. I have never been on a tritoon boat before and have a few question. 1st. Would a tritoon work good for tubing and skiing for the kids. 2nd. Would a 2275 GL be a good tritoon boat. 3rd would a 200hp be a good size motor for the boat

Any help would be great looking at getting one yet this fall or next spring

Yes to all questions.

We are looking a getting a Bennington tritoon with a 200 hp motor. We are looking at replacing our Bennington 188L and our Malibu ski boat. I have never been on a tritoon boat before and have a few question. 1st. Would a tritoon work good for tubing and skiing for the kids. 2nd. Would a 2275 GL be a good tritoon boat. 3rd would a 200hp be a good size motor for the boat

Any help would be great looking at getting one yet this fall or next spring
I replaced a Malibu Sunsetter LXi and a Harris 50hp pontoon with a 2275 RCW w/ESP and Verado 250 Pro. This boat can do absolutely everything the other 2 did and much more! You won't regret it.

Damnit Smitty! Now ya got me looking to upgrade to an R.

As for the topic at hand, I think TomS summed it up pretty well.

What should I expect to pay for a 2275 GL with ESP tritoon with a 200 -250 hp motor?

Last edited by a moderator:
Price is relative to "shipped" cost. I would do a Internet search and look at the ranges or go on Bennington Boat Builder and see what MSRP comes up to. From there we have seen a spread of probably 15-25% off MSRP. Keep in mind, there are probably some real good end of season deals out there. That's how we got our RLI last September. We were ordering a G, but bought the RLI cheaper than the G. Yeah, it as a leftover 2011 model, but hey I was drooling all over it for 2 months till the sale price hit our budget number. Remember, buy what you want THE FIRST TIME ...... You'll only cry one time from the pain ...... LOL !!!!

We bought our boat at about this time of year two years ago. Negotiated it through much of August. Paid and picked it up early September. I think you are in the sweet spot time-wise. I was a little above the discount off MSRP range Semp mentioned above (but he is correct on the 15-25% range being typical based on lots of formu member input), but I was just lucky all the stars lined up for me.

I took it in the shorts recently when I upgraded my 115 to a 150 though!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Who you kidding kaydano, if they tried to take it back you would pay double to keep it I would bet

There is no way they would get it back! Not after everything I went through to get it!

But, yes, it probably would be worth double...

It's that time of year when you do boat builder, you might need a new pair of shorts (if you did not know any better). I spec'd my R and the price was $336000. LOL Just warning those that don't know, until they get pricing on some options it tends to be skewed a tad. OR when you go to the dealer you might think you're getting one heck of a deal.

We bought a used 2002 2575 triton with a 200 hp Merc Optimax. We always use the boat with about 13 people on board. We tube all the time. I have had two tubes out with a total of four kids tubing, with plenty of fun. Nobody has skied yet, but with 13 on board, and a tube out back with two kids about 80 lbs. each, I am getting air under the tube. They love it. I can get the boat moving about 20 - 25 mph. We love it. It's a pretty smooth ride. Sport boats probably turn much sharper, but I needed something 25' or under that would hold a lot of people. This Tritoon was a perfect first boat purchase. I also love the Bennington Quality compared to other brands that I have seen at the lake! Good Luck!

Got a price on a 2275 GL with ESP with a 150 yamaha on it for $41,500 with no trailer. Same boat with a 200 hp yamaha with power steering for $46,600. That seems on the high side to me. when I ran the numbers from build a boat on benningtons website for the 2275 gl with a 200 hp motor it came to like $51,000 msrp. That 51,000 was with a lot more option then what I was quoted for. I think I'm got to have to shop around even though I whave worked with the dealer fr the last 14 years.

Back