Looking for the bennington guru

jmkjoe

Reaction score
So I'm in between purchasing a 2250 gbr. One is a 2013 2250 gbr with a sps with the max hp rating at 150. According to Benningtons website in 2013 the hull weight for this boat is 2250 lbs. the express tube weighs in the same ( 2250 lbs ).

Now for 2014 the 2250 gbr with the sps weighs in at 3064 lbs. but it is rated for 200 hp. I'm guesIng the extra weight is because the 200 horse toons are .100 not the .80's. The express still weighs in at 2250 lbs. my question is this. In 2013 did the gbr with the sps really weigh 2250 lbs? Anyone ?

The weights seem to be very inaccurate based on people actually checking them on a scale. They set the ratings on the first of the models out of the line to certify them. Over time they gather options such as bars that are heavy but don't always change the rated weight. Mine was MUCH heavier on a scale than the specs would suggest.

The website has a history of posting the wrong weights too. Not saying they are wrong, but if something doesn't seem right, it probably isn't.

I'll be your guru. I have no information on the 2013 model. My signature has all the information on my 2014 2250GBR for you to review.

I have all options, and options add weight. I also have the heavier gauge pontoons and a 200 Yamaha.

My boat, dry...no fuel, water or equipment, is 4,100 pounds.

My trailer is 1500 pounds

With fuel, water, gear and trailer, I am on the road just shy of 6,000 pounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 24S with full tank of gas and all my crap (includes tools, couple anchors, couple batteries, 600 cans of beer) including trailer weighs just over 5000 lbs. 

Okay, not 600 cans of beer.  But have thought about storing a few cases for when they are needed.

Back