LOOKING FOR THE RIGHT TRAILER.....

Thanks. Not sure what went wrong with that link ?

Just wanted to provide an update. Traded in my trailer for a new 24' genesis today. Due to the bigger boat, sps, bigger motor and all the extra weight we decided brakes were now a must. I'm amazed at how much smoother it is with the radials vs the little 10" wheels. The 22' trailer was too small and the 24 is a little big but now I can adjust the boat on there just right. I would have loved to have gone through trailers for pontoons but I got a deal I couldn't refuse.

I'm a believer that boats over 20' need tandem axles. Brakes are required in some states, and not in others.

I have a diesel 3/4 ton with big brakes, our terrain is not hilly and I usually don't tow more than 80 miles per year. I didn't go with brakes.

For those that must tow often, a high quality trailer is very much worth it.

I have not had a trailer for the past 20 years, as our boat is left hanging in a boathouse. Since I got the new boat with a trailer, I now realized how much I've been missing going to other lakes close by. After taking a 125 mile Pickwick cruise last August, I want to take the boat 200 miles upriver and come back by water one way. Had I had a trailer in past years, I would have been taking better care of my boat and especially the motor/lower unit.

Now I cannot imagine someone spending $40K-$50K-$60K on a boat and not get a trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:
We drove from Michigan to eastern PA to buy our Bennington (used) 3 years ago and had a brand new Loadrite trailer waiting for us. It's a beast itself. Dual axle, disk brakes on all 4 wheels and it has surge brakes. Bunks and 4 guide posts. Full size spare tire and a nice ladder on the front to get into the boat. Galvanized. Took us 12 hours to get it home....drove through some seriously intimidating stuff through the Pocono Mountains. Have also trailered it twice now to trips in northern Michigan about 4-5 hours away and follows behind perfectly. I can easily load and unload my boat to/from the water by myself at boat launches with ease. I would absolutely recommend this brand.

Back