Low Rider

We see stupid on the lake all the time, and my biggest pet peeve is seeing kids sitting in front of the bow with their legs dangling in the water while underway.
Stupidity has no boundaries . I have seen the exact same thing on our lake .Some of the kids didn't even have a PFD on .

Stupidity has no boundaries . I have seen the exact same thing on our lake .Some of the kids didn't even have a PFD on .
I didn't notice any children, but there definitely wasn't a pfd anywhere in sight and yes they were sitting on the front porch, legs dangling. All were obviously well lubricated from a day at the island/sand bar spot. This was not an old beater boat with tiny toons, rather a late model high end brand, well equipped.

If my calcs are right, at 10mph, it's traveling 14' per second or roughly less than 2 seconds till prop strike. What's geared prop spinning? 60-100 revs per second ?? At 60 revs per second, that's 180 blade strikes in one second with a 3 blade prop.

That will open a skull like a can opener !!!!!

Pretty gory thought huh??

STUPID PEOPLE !!!!!!
That should get those that don't get it yet, to think twice.

I think people forget (or haven't thought about it) that a boat moves across the surface easily, but humans not so much. If you've ever fallen off a tube or skis, you know how quickly you come to a stop!!! When someone falls off the bow of a moving boat, guess what? Person stops quickly. Boat keeps going. Even if you instantly pull back the throttle. 180 bonks per second. I like your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back