Masters 2014

StevL

Reaction score
Who's your favorite? You missing Tiger? You just don't watch golf? Going? Like to go?

Air it out!

Steve

Most likely get ripped ,but I think it is the most boring thing ever to watch on tv .

I dont mind playing ,just cant stand it on tv 

Forgot my favorite ,Happy Gilmore 

Last edited by a moderator:
Would love to go to Augusta.  I have been to a number of US Opens & PGA Championships including the PGA played in Rochester, NY last fall.  Got to admit I do root for Tiger as well as Phil and I always end up rooting for some of the young guys that are making a move. In the end I am usually open for anyone to win as the one who does usually won it on their own merit.

Zach Johnson (Eastern Ioawa Hero)! I love having it on the big screen while doing something else. Not much for watching every shot, but the course is magnificent! It helps when some one to kinda sorta know is in it. (Freind of a freind sort of thing)

Zach Johnson (Eastern Ioawa Hero)! I love having it on the big screen while doing something else. Not much for watching every shot, but the course is magnificent! It helps when some one to kinda sorta know is in it. (Freind of a freind sort of thing)
I do have to agree with the course aspect  ,I have a Tv that converts anything  to 3d .That was quite a site .

Love to play. Like Phil. Can watch on TV but usually just in for a short while or in background while doing something else. Was fun to see in person though when I went to a few tournaments in the area.

So I guess no one wants tournament series badges? ;)

Steve

Looking forward to the masters for sure. Was watching some live footage on the range earlier. I don't have a favorite to win but love watching.

I am on my way down to get it SteveL :) .  

Love playing, watching live [even been to LPGA and even the Futures, LPGA minor league which is played locally].  I watch much less golf now that I am into boating but will occasionally run back into camp to catch up and watch for a little while.  Started my own golf league currently have 28 members that plays Monday nights at 4pm and am in a second league that I play 11 times throughout the summer on Thursday late afternoons. 

Hardly ever play on weekends due to being at camp but there are 4 courses within 5 - 30 minute drive

Link, you need to get the Masters App on your phone, then you can follow the tournament while on the lake!

Steve

SteveL, got the iphone, but only the 4s, can't stand the little screen.  This is the big weekend to work at home getting the lawn and gardens ready so I don't have to deal with them when I want to be at the lake.  I am sure I will run in and out of the house for updates

Wow, after round one some of my favorites had poor days. Phil and Dustin have to go low tomorrow or it's an early departure.

Steve

Um...Zach...With 6 bogeys you gonna need the rest to be birds to dig yourself outa that hole.

Stewart Cink.  He's from our town, and keeps in close contact with many of my friends. 

Stewart brings in 3 other top pro golfers once per year for a charity day of golf at our local country club, Turtle Point Yacht Club.  Though he lives in Duluth, GA (NE Atlanta), he's still a giver back home for good causes.

Watson is now leading with 5 under. will he get a second green jacket?

Had a great day at Augusta, spent the day on 15 & 16. Bubba stuck it on 16, great shot. I have to believe Bubba is on his A game, we shall see if it holds for 36 more holes.

Phil was all over the lot, doesn't matter now he is leaving on a jet plane.

Boo handed out autographed golf balls to every small child on 16 tee box...nicely done.

Sergo had a frown on his face, just can't get it done at Augusta.

Time has taken it's toll on Gentle Ben (Crenshaw). The man is well loved between the towering pines but his game has been taken away by mother nature :(

I turned a corner of a bleacher on 16 and bumped right into Condoleezza Rice, spoke for maybe 10 seconds, I thought it was nice to see her, very nice woman.

Got to get to bed, another day enjoying the outdoors tomorrow.

Steve

Bubba is unflappable when he is on wouldn't mind seeing him at the end.  Never really cared for Sergio, and he is a head case

Sounds like you had a great time Steve. And I agree about Sergio.

I went up to Augusta this week for two days of practice rounds.  Of course, my luck Monday got rained out.  I am also from Cedar Rapids, the home of Zach.  I did play in a US Open many moons ago, but agree that golf is not a good spectator sport.  I was fortunate to play Augusta National, back in the 70's with the co pro, Dave Spencer, who was originally from Perry, Iowa.

abypfcs,

Nice resume! I too have played Augusta, twice years ago but I remember every shot. Shot 78 from the tournament tees first time through, and then 82 from the members tees. At the time of each round I was carrying an honest 2 handicap. This was also before the major changes in length.

Another highlight of my not so lustrous golf carrier I played with Tiger in 2005 in Henderson NV, about the time he had his woman woes. Have photos of all the above, not the women!

On another note, for the golf fan this has shaped up into a very traditional and classic "Sunday n Augusta". This should be a good finish to watch!

Going in the morning for a while then back to a TV set to see the back nine.

Steve

Back