Max Wind Speed

Got to the lake Sunday and there were 12 - 18" + rollers whitecapping into the cove where the ramp is.  Too nice of a day otherwise and it was just me, no family to cry.  Anyway, my buddy was on his way and the swim cove is kinda protected.  Tell you what, that makes for some kick ass boating in my world.  Heading into the wind I could hit 38,  on the way back with the wind, 41 was no problem.  Probably looked like a nut case ( might be to some of yous guys ) but it was a hell of a ride, Benni tri toons are unreal.   Kind of nice to experience it so you know what it's like when your not expecting it.  Checked the weather bug when I got home, showed gusts up to 22, seemed like more, it was windy all damn day.  Had a blast, drove it like I stole it, as they say.

We were out this past Saturday in 21mph winds with gusts of 29mph. Finally anchored in a spot out of the wind and it was more enjoyable.

It has been extremely windy year down in Missouri. Fortunately, we have many coves to find protection. Looking forward to a few calm days with no storms either.

Wave heights are +5' in the Gulf of Mexico here today, with ~6 second period, wind speeds 15-20, so a good time to stay home and watch  ;)

I cut it off at waves > 2'.  Anything greater than that and we island hop around Pine Island Sound and stay inside the ICW.

Lots of wind last Friday out of the southwest...choppy choppy whitecaps.... I went to the west side of the lake and found a cove protected from wind a bit by trees and parked it for a while.  == swim, eat, etc....  Around sunset I went back into the middle as the winds died down and it turned into a totally calm smooth as glass lake.... one of the nicest nights out this year,,,,, sooooo ,,,, crappy can turn into perfect in just a few hours.  Got in about 10:30pm and there was another boat in my parking spot!!!...grrrr,,,,, but that's another story....

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of wind last Friday out of the southwest...choppy choppy whitecaps.... I went to the west side of the lake and found a cove protected from wind a bit by trees and parked it for a while.  == swim, eat, etc....  Around sunset I went back into the middle as the winds died down and it turned into a totally calm smooth as glass lake.... one of the nicest nights out this year,,,,, sooooo ,,,, crappy can turn into perfect in just a few hours.  Got in about 10:30pm and there was another boat in my parking spot!!!...grrrr,,,,, but that's another story....

Bring a hole saw, then you will be able to park within 30 minutes or so.

Back