Welcome to Club Bennington

An official club forum for Bennington boats

Login Register

Mercury Vessel View Mobile

Discussion in 'Pontoon Forum' started by kaydano, Feb 12, 2018.

1. kaydano

kaydano Well-Known Member

Anyone buy this yet? Curious what you like/dislike about it.

Vikingstaff likes this.
  2. Vikingstaff

Vikingstaff Well-Known Member

I don’t know what this is, but have a 200 Mercury Verado Pro on our Bennington. Care to fill me in on what exactly it is: an app? extra digital gage features, something entirely different? Something that is only an option on 2018 Mercury motors, or something that can be added onto any Mercury outboard?

Anyway, I am going to follow this thread...

3. kaydano

It's a Bluetooth module that you connect in the engine compartment that sends all sorts of motor operations info to your phone. Fault codes, pressures, temps, fuel burn rate, etc. $275. I think it works on most engines 40hp and up, and those built since 2003(?). So, yes, it's a piece of hardware and a free phone app.

Vikingstaff likes this.
  4. Vikingstaff

Vikingstaff Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. Very curious now to learn more about it.

5. kaydano

I wish I had it last year when the engine guardian alarm went off about 50 times while we limped 15 miles back to the dock. No idea what was going on. So, wondering if I had this device at the time whether it would have told me it was my alternator. When they looked at it at the shop, it was full of low voltage faults. I had just replaced my alternator. Turned out the connector was loose. Might have been able to fix it on the lake had I known what was wrong.

Vikingstaff likes this.